By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for maria hewitt

Here is a list of all the postings maria hewitt has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: A sewing machine for a total beginner?
19/09/2019 18:57:58

I have an old new home machine, was my mum's, must be over 15years.have no problems, taken over by janome. Newer models don't seem much different, but it was a quite expensive one. (not worth replacing) hope I haven't jinxed it. 😀Maria.

Thread: Show and Tell 2019
19/09/2019 18:52:48

Great, someone will love it.

Got my machine out the other day, mojo is there somewhere.

Health improving, next appointment 6 months, unless I call them G 🙏

Maria.

Thread: Chat
09/09/2019 13:26:18

Hope Winnie and hub have enjoyed they break with Rosemary, sounds like they have needed it. Hope suitable fabric is found

😉 Maria x

09/09/2019 13:24:16

I've just realised I can spend my avios/British Airways points on a hotel in Birmingham, guess where & what my incentive to be in remission is... And I'll have some over for another trip or to donate to daughter who is desperate to get to gold level by the end of the year! Not that she's really wanted to spend half her life flying between venues.

😊 Maria.

31/08/2019 12:01:49

Oh what an unexpected package arrived in the post today, hug hearts, Thankyou all so much. I will have to try and get some mojo going, and get dh to reinstate my machine on the kitchen table. Thankyou for your love,

Maria. xx

26/08/2019 10:19:01

Lovely quilts ladies, just managed a few hexies in the hospital, am at home now, thank goodness, like skin nd bone with threat of returning if home cooking doesn't increase my weight. I have no real appetite though eek!

Love Maria

17/07/2019 23:30:07

I'm thinking of getting a sizzix or similar to cut out my patches, has anyone got any recommendations or advice

Please

Thanks Maria

18/03/2019 15:59:11

Lovely work ladies. I'm a bit apethetic at the moment, with my crohn's giving me a lot of pain, and poor sleep. Ihave an ecg and ct scan this week for the heart, so that is making progress, but I'm not getting the excercise, too painful to move at times. Still I'm thinking of lots of ideas, and berating myself for the excessive amounts of fabrics, and where to donate them, school, craft clubs etc.

I have recently crocheted a hat, and a thick rectangle in extra chunky wool, not sure what it will become, and started a jumper r with odd pin needles but I seem to be starting a lot and not finishing at the moment, no concentration.

Ho hum onwards and upwards

Maria

Thread: Rainbow quilt
18/03/2019 15:40:22

That's lovely Eileen

12/02/2019 18:33:43
I suspect the show may be repeated on Saturday or Sunday afternoon, so if you can wait, and you don't have I player, that might be an option.
Maria
Thread: hug hearts
10/02/2019 18:08:53
I got home from hospital to find some lovely hug hearts, thank you so much for your thoughts, I need to build up my strength again after 2 weeks pretty much flat on my back. Its quite scary going from 6 hourly moniteting to nothing at home, god bless heart foundation booklets, they are very informative. I will use the hearts to make a pillow cover, when I can persuade dh to bring my machine back down from the spare room after he had a tidying and cleaning session while I was away!
Love from Maria.
01/02/2019 15:33:09
Spent the last few days in hospital with heart problems, and crohns kicked off. Undergoing lots of tests. Hope they find out soon what the problem is.. Still I'm in the warm, with no idea what the weather is doing. Love to all.
Maria
Thread: Show and Tell 2018
15/01/2019 22:29:16
Don't panic Eileen, that looks like it maybe a nice tattoo. My daughter has one on each inside wrist, a compass, and a mountain range, quite delicate thank goodness, to go with her travel/adventurous personality.
Maria
10/01/2019 14:40:56

dsc_0280.jpgdsc_0286.jpgdsc_0287.jpg

sorry about the crick in the neck, theres some christmas bags, in an attempt to go "green" and chest of drawers, i decorated. interior design was a thing in my hobbies/ qualifications before I hit the sewing machine from my youthe. I amm Vowing not to buy any more fabric, as I really wont use what i have, am wondering where I can donate locally, noit sure the charity shops will appreciate it.

10/01/2019 14:20:11

dsc_0197.jpgwell, I havnt done as much quilting as I might have done, but have busied myself with other things, dressmaking,bags, and revamping a couple of chests of drawers. heres some pics.

dsc_0274.jpg

31/12/2018 19:37:52
Happy New year to everyone hope it will be a good healthy happy year.
Winnie, I am so pleased to hear your news, I really hope the doctors can sort you out, and you have a good if not great new year.
Love Maria
29/12/2018 11:50:30
Sorry to hear about Sheila, whilst I didn't know her personally , I recall her many posts on this friendly page. Condolences to her family and friends.
Maria
22/12/2018 18:54:56
Taking this opportunity to wish everyone a happy Christmas with a healthy and successful New year.
Love Maria.
Thread: Festival of Quilts 2019
22/12/2018 18:53:13
Hope you can make good use of my inexperienced effort, maybe trimming down for an odd corner somewhere. I am well aware that my skills fall short of many members.
Love Maria.
Thread: Christmas Challenge....make a Christmas stocking for charity.
22/12/2018 18:49:31
6,4,8 are my choices, well done everyone.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
SewAndSo
Sarik
bredons
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues