By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for maria hewitt

Here is a list of all the postings maria hewitt has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
27/10/2020 16:28:02

Well, that's it empty nest. Have been busy baking for 2,sewing and set up the keyboard not wanted and teaching myself a few tunes.

Fou d enough mojo to sort my haberdashery, cut it down by half, and still have loads. Hoping I can pass bits on via freecycle.

Now to tackle my surplus fabric. Of which there is too much to admit to 😉

Maria.

Thread: Christmas 2020
27/10/2020 16:18:47

Yes I though of a Christmas mask, or if I pull my finger out a Halloween one, fireworks, or a new year one then a valentines one..... Endless ideas haha.

Maria.

Thread: Show and Tell 2020
27/10/2020 16:13:07

Current work in progress using a jacket I've been saving for several years,, which I've adapted to make a waistcoat. I have been planing this for a long time, after I saw a beautiful picture quilted waistcoat at a show, and the fabric, I just fell in love with, you can't get it anymore so the back will have to be plain or... I have an even older cushion panel of a carousel horse. Hmm. 🎠 Gonna take it slow, as I don't want to mess it up.

Mariaimg_20201027_160323.jpg

Thread: Christmas 2020
18/10/2020 16:47:01

I might make pillowcases with some of my excessive stash, I've found a great YouTube pattern that uses fat quarters, (daisynics) and they will make great presents and can be used as santa sacks in the future by the recipient. If I find the time that is.

Maria.

18/10/2020 16:35:47

Margaret, I like your idea of the darker border, I have strips of the bold colours used for the baby squares, so I could use the blue/green /purple strips to tie it together. I've put it to one side for now, it's always better giving it a rest. Moving on to making a few clothes for a while.

Eileen, I've lost count of my UFOs, at least 6 bigish quilts, lost of orphan blocks, not to mention other non patchwork projects, bags/purses clothing, embroidery/knitting /cardmaking /painting, etc etc. I have so much fabric I'm going to give away a load, having been ill for so long it's opened my eyes as to how much stuff I have got that is never going to be used.

My youngest is packing up ready to leave home next week, we will be empty nesters, not entirely looking forward to it as we have both been ill, and getting back to normal, getting under each others feet. Oh well, that's life!

Maria.

11/10/2020 11:24:32

16024117739544818851495589509965.jpg

11/10/2020 11:21:51

Please give your honest opinion/advice on this.

I used a jelly roll race and 3 blocks. I'm really not sure about it. My sparse dodgy quilting probably doesn't help.

Thanks Maria.

10/10/2020 17:28:32

Am getting stuck into my UFOs 😊

10/10/2020 17:27:33

Quilt finished at last using nautical swap blocks.

Maria. img_20200928_171033.jpg

02/09/2020 15:59:22

Hi, I saw a "cheat" way of doing tiny squares, somewhere, you ironed the squares on thin iro on interfacing, first, then folded and stitched along the joins, all in one go.. Ideal for tiny patches. Haven't tried it, but seems like a good idea.

Itching to get sewing again, forced back into hospital as blood test showed kidneys a bit sluggish, must drink more aparrently. Waiting for official release now thank goodness.

Maria

13/07/2020 16:21:43

Hello, lovely work Rosemary.

I'm in hospital (again!), planned this time, had the offending piece of gut removed. No stitches to be seen!

Recovering well. Feel sooo much better.

Thought I might have time to do some hand stitching, but no enthusiasm. Guess it will take time. Plenty of projects to complete when I get home. I'll maybe start with some atc. Or postcards.if I can think of some topics. 🤔🙂

Hope everyone is well and feeling positive. x

Maria.

08/04/2020 19:51:45

So glad to hear that you are getting sorted. Cheeky woodworm guy😂. Hope you don't need new carpet as well. Make sure you get a guaranteed certificate, you don't want to go through this all over in a few years time, but you probably know that sorry.

Maria

07/04/2020 20:15:28

I used to work in house insurance many moons ago, woodworm unfortunately comes under house maintenance, which is not covered, as you are expected to keep the property in good repair. Not much help if the darned creatures sneak up on you I'm afraid. Especially under carpets etc.

I hope you find a solution, do you have any local fb groups that might be able to rally round. You've probably done that already though.

Maria

31/03/2020 21:57:27

Jamome gets my vote, although I don't think I use it as much as many of you, I've had one for many years, and am currently using my mums old new home, which was forerunner of janome with no problems, hope that doesn't jinx it, also had a elna little fold up machine e needs a service but I have eleventy billion different feet for it.

Not doing much sewing as I've isolated myself in the bedroom as far as I can, not that hubby has changed his ways much. Oh well.

Maria.

15/03/2020 15:17:04

Hi in hospital with crohns blockage oh dear. Daughter has has all her travelling work on Europe cancelled for the next month, and has flown out to Spain to collect her van and bring . G it home don't know how that will work ferry of some sort maybe she is very resourceful so will see. Hope all is well with everyone. (ps) ease don't sendmr any hearts at this time I cannot use them not that I'm not grateful) love from Maria

Thread: A sewing machine for a total beginner?
19/09/2019 18:57:58

I have an old new home machine, was my mum's, must be over 15years.have no problems, taken over by janome. Newer models don't seem much different, but it was a quite expensive one. (not worth replacing) hope I haven't jinxed it. 😀Maria.

Thread: Show and Tell 2019
19/09/2019 18:52:48

Great, someone will love it.

Got my machine out the other day, mojo is there somewhere.

Health improving, next appointment 6 months, unless I call them G 🙏

Maria.

09/09/2019 13:26:18

Hope Winnie and hub have enjoyed they break with Rosemary, sounds like they have needed it. Hope suitable fabric is found

😉 Maria x

09/09/2019 13:24:16

I've just realised I can spend my avios/British Airways points on a hotel in Birmingham, guess where & what my incentive to be in remission is... And I'll have some over for another trip or to donate to daughter who is desperate to get to gold level by the end of the year! Not that she's really wanted to spend half her life flying between venues.

😊 Maria.

31/08/2019 12:01:49

Oh what an unexpected package arrived in the post today, hug hearts, Thankyou all so much. I will have to try and get some mojo going, and get dh to reinstate my machine on the kitchen table. Thankyou for your love,

Maria. xx

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues