By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stereochild

Here is a list of all the postings Stereochild has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: FOQ Gift Swap 2013
08/07/2013 11:50:07

Have pm'd you Katy - got my tickets last week!! Roll on August.....

25/06/2013 23:21:47

Hi - I'd like to swap too please for Friday and Saturday (but I will also be at the show on Sunday).

Thread: FoQ 2013
22/06/2013 16:31:15

Please excuse my ignorence Katy but what does a gift swap entail, beyond the obvious?

20/06/2013 00:52:27

Hi Tessa I have booked in at the Travelodge, so will have to commute to and from the FoQ each day but I am getting three nites for under £100 - so not to bad. As far as classes booked, boy I wish I had booked much earlier as there are a few I would love to do but they are now full. So am doing the following classes: Yo Yo's with a Twist, Friendship Star Plus, Mini Mosaic Quilts and some really basic classes like Hand Quilting for Beginners and also So you want to try Patchwork & Quilting. I would have loved to do the Kantha Quilting class!! Would love to met up with anyone from PP! smile d

18/06/2013 01:09:33

I finally got on and booked my tickets and even booked some classes at the FoQ. Should have thought to look up this tread to see what everyone else was doing with regards to travel and accommodation. (never mind!) I have booked for Friday to Sunday and like someone else has stated - I wish they did half day tickets!!

Will be lovely to met up with other craftly souls.....

Thread: International Quilt Convention Africa
09/04/2013 22:28:35

Gosh that sounds like so much fun and I have heaps of family in Jo'burg including my father.

I am off to Africa next week, to Kenya and Uganda. So it will be interesting to see what the fabrics are like there.

If I win the Lotto it would be a done deal!! (sigh)

Thread: Name the block!
25/03/2013 18:39:22

Wow - the detail is just amazing that is some incredible patchworking!!

Thread: Greetings all
16/03/2013 22:18:48

Oh I know how to spend Liz (lol) but it's all about the quilting. That Festival of Quilts at NEC Birmingham sounds amazing - I could well turn up at that one make a weekend trip of it Sylvia - I like dangerous!!

Caz enjoy your show in Exeter - you will have to let us all know what you purchased from it?!

I am quite surprise just how many of you hand quilt, as this is not when the books or the magazines lead me to believe.

So Myra and Sylvia more power to us!! cool

With regards to swaps or monthly challenges - I think I will just get on with my patchwork and then the quilting for now, I really don't think I am ready to inflicted my handwork on others just yet (lol).

Thanx again eveyone for your very warm welcome to the forum.

Stereochild

16/03/2013 00:54:57

Hi Y'all and everyone! cool

Wow what a show - so much bigger than what it was when I last went ten years ago. Met some really lovely ladies, saw some amazing quilts on display and have doubled my fabric stash.

Weird or what ..... on Wednesday I found a cotton skirt in a charity shop which had an Eiffel Tower patten on it in black and white which I loved. As it was only £4.00 and there was lots of fabric in the skirt I bought it (I had a block patten in mind). Well I had only just started looking around the show when lo and behold there was my Eiffel Tower patten in a wonderful range of colours at Favourite Fabrics. I had the idea of doing the "Trip around the world" block and so I have now added those to my stash (and spent some time this evening cutting out my squares for the block).

I have also brought a hoop for quilting and another ruler (with outer and inner square), a patten for a country cloth doll and of cause lots of fat quarters: some of the old style Liberty fabrics from Alice Caroline and some of their more modern prints from Fabrics Galore. I also got some Moda fat quarters from the French General range at Sew Enchanting of Devon. I probably have enough fabric for several quilts. Now I just need to get on and sew them.

My very last item is a Swift Stitch - a portable handheld sewing machine. It was cheap and who knows I can practise my sewing with it. First I need to buy some batteries and later get a mains plug. Anyone tried this out before? I would love to know how others have found them.

So that was my little trip to Spring Knitting and Stitching Show at Olympia in West London.

Stereochild smiley

15/03/2013 11:36:13

Thank you everyone for your welcoming response to my post. I feel very much the beginner and have been scouring the local libraries for books on patchwork and or quilting. I really have been bitten. And today I am off to the craft show in Olympia today, so will be spending some money there I am sure.

Stereochild

14/03/2013 00:42:33

Hi I'm Stereochild and have just gotten into quilting (?)..... well patchwork to start off with anyway. Found a great shop not to far from home, which I never knew existed and so now have a nice stash of fabric. I made a little patchwork sample mat which I also quilted and really enjoyed the experience and so started my first project with some fabric I picked up at a craft show I went to in January. Now I'm very proud to have completed my very first block and am currently working on my third. I don't have a machine at present so it is all by hand.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
ECT
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues