By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stereochild

Here is a list of all the postings Stereochild has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
27/04/2016 16:30:27

I don't know if there is a thread for quilting shops - but if you are ever in Malaga, then head over to Rincon de la Victoria and check out my favorite patchwork shop 'Mi Casita de Patch'.

micasitadepatch4.jpg

I am currently in Spain for my birthday treat - four days of patchwork and applique. I spent most of yesterday sitting in with the different craft classes and was able to use the sewing machines etc. to work on the projects I have brought with me. Pepi the shops owner has be wonderful as I have never done applique before and of cause everything you could possible need is right there in the store, even to the long arm machine.

micasitadepatch.jpg

This is my second visit and I really do recommend!! starstarstar

Letia face 1

Thread: Alphabet Month Blocks
20/04/2016 20:52:30

Katy - your Four Frogs Block is very different and lots of them together would make a great pattern in a quilt. Even as a border it would be very interesting.

20/04/2016 10:11:50

amish star block.jpg

My Amish Star Block - reinterpreted of cause wink

17/04/2016 21:02:06

Rosemary - I am looking forward to seeing your finished quilt!! Your monthly blocks are little glimpes of a seaside treat to come. smiley

Letia

17/04/2016 20:57:05

Sylvia - I have the block but am still cutting out the fabric. Time is racing on!!! blush

Thread: UFO Zapping 2016
10/04/2016 20:35:05

I love it Donna - what great colours!! Your binding really makes the colours pop too.

Letiaface 9

08/04/2016 22:11:00

Thank you all for your kind words - I am happy with it but I do tend to be a bit of a perfectionist. face 7

The birds are from a Michael Miller Christmas fabric that I found a few years back at FoQ and fell in love with. The blue fabric I have had for ages but never used it. I am now working on hand stitch applique. face 9 So far, so good[ish]..................!

Letia

06/04/2016 15:20:01

Sounds like a plan Beryl or a holiday!!

Finished my Bird wall hanging.

bird hanging.jpg

This is my first attempted at machine applique and I have made all the usual errors but it looks bright and cheerful. So I am happy with it anyway. face 20

21/03/2016 11:43:45

Love your blocks Margaret - your Feathered Friends block is amazing!

I have started a bird appliquet project which is on my ufo list to complete - it is my first attempt at it.

Letiaface 1

18/03/2016 23:41:13

Done Tessa yeswink

Letia

18/03/2016 22:00:06

Hi Carol - I love your blocks, especially the Friendship scrap block which I have not seen before.

Like you I am doing my blocks in blue (with yellow), you can never have too much blue

- love your fabrics!!

Letia smiley

18/03/2016 15:03:23

Go for it Margaret - I am quite enjoying it! Here is a second block for March

memory block.jpg

This is Memory Block - I call it Memory Star Block because it looks like a star.

Letiasmiley

Thread: Tea Cosy Challenge
18/03/2016 14:59:28

That is a really lovely tea cosy Tessa

Letia

Thread: FOQ 2016
11/03/2016 20:22:35

I am sorry that I will not be able to attend FOQ this year as I will be in New Zealand for my mothers 80th Birthday.

But I hope you girls/guys have a great time and don't spend too much money. wink

11/03/2016 20:16:06

massachusetts2.jpg

My March block - Massachusetts. laugh

Letia

Thread: Block Identification
11/03/2016 20:03:16

I will have to add the photo of my block to the correct page. wink oops!

Myra - what? you moved house in 2014 and still haven't fully unpacked?? Sounds like you have a lot to do before the Quilt Together is done. As for the time it takes to do some projects, I am the same way. Some things take years, decades even. smiley Years ago I knitted a couple of sweaters and my Mum named them after the dates I started them ie. the summer of 1982 etc.

Hope your dd is on the mend? As for doctors being behind the times, that is nothing new. I am a carer and one client I looked after was called up by the hospital two days after he had been discharged to advise me (his carer) that he was unable to weight bare - lol!! wink

10/03/2016 21:27:51

[Hello Letia, At this rate just make 12 and think of a few more names! TTFN Myra]

Sorry I only just saw this.... lol love it Myra!! laughwink

massachusetts2.jpg

And here it is the Massachusetts Block for March. smiley

02/03/2016 10:06:17

Alison thank you, your a star!! face 1

Letia

Thread: UFO Zapping 2016
02/03/2016 10:00:31

What a fun quilt Winnie (I love cats too! catsmile d)

Letia

Thread: Block Identification
29/02/2016 14:42:54

Thanx for your contribution everyone - I found it @ Printerest and thought it was so cute. If we call it a split Ohio Star that can be my block design for September or October!? wink 2

Letia

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
The Cotton Patch
Janome
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues