By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Stereochild

Here is a list of all the postings Stereochild has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Sad news
27/01/2017 14:03:15

Such sad news - thoughts and prayers to all of Chris's family

Thread: Quiltlet Challenge for 2017
04/01/2017 07:43:10

Ohh sounds like fun - I will have go too??!!

Letiaface 6

Thread: HAPPY NEW YEAR 2017 to All
04/01/2017 00:20:25

Happy New Year everyone - and best wishers for 2017! face 9

Thread: Chat
29/12/2016 16:32:13

Belated Merry Christmas everyone and best wishers for the New Year.

Hope you have been able to get in a spot of quilting over the holiday period.

Margaret - hope you heal up fast with no infection!

Letiaface 9

Thread: UFO Zapping 2016
07/12/2016 12:47:06

Well we are into December and I haven't completed many from my UFO list but I am very happy with what I have done.

My list now looks like this.

Falling Charms Quilt - completed

Jelly Roll Quilt - completed

Bird wall hanging - completed

Gypsy 1 (EPP) Quilt - finished top and bottom (just need to quilt)

Japaness Plaid Quilt - finished top and bottom (just need to quilt)

kaleidoscope Quilt - finished top

Discovery Quilt - still sewing top (I started this earlier in the year so have added it to my list)

Flower Diamond Quilt - cut out ready to sew

Becca's Jorguss Quilt - ready to cut out

I have also completed a wall hanging and almost completed a second, which just needs to be quilted.

Hope you all have done a bit better than me!

Letiaface 9

Edited By Stereochild on 07/12/2016 12:47:44

Edited By Stereochild on 07/12/2016 12:48:36

17/11/2016 08:34:10

Wow Glenda that is amazing! face 23

I have stayed away from doing curves myself because they just look to hard - so I am super impressed that you have gone for scallop boarders as well!!! yes

Letia face 9

Edited By Stereochild on 17/11/2016 08:35:06

Thread: Alphabet Month Blocks
09/11/2016 13:58:08

northcarolina.jpg

North Carolina block for the month of November (only one more bock to go)

I have been sewing and watching the news about the US elections. Glad I didn't have to vote!!

Letia face 9

24/10/2016 14:51:50

I am happy for you that your dh is out of hospital and wish him a speedy recovery! Also I am sorry that October should start with sad memories for you Margaret - may you have a peaceful end to the month. face 9

24/10/2016 10:35:14

My October Block

ornateohiostar.jpg

It started off as the Ohio Star block but I though it a little on the bland side, so have added a little titivation to the block, a little more to the pattern. (I just bet there is already a block out there just like this with some non "o" starting name - I don't care!) cheeky

Letia angel

24/10/2016 10:10:25

Yes Sylvia, I wonder if it is easier to choose colours for a single block but harder for a whole quilt?

I decided on my colour choices when I first took on the monthly block challenge and so no problems there.

I have been searching for nine patch blocks (that I like) for my quilt and as you can see in my choices, they are mostly star or star like pattens. So far I have only one none nine patch being the Jack in a box block but whether that one ends up on the quilt in the end is anyones guess,

Margaret - I hope you will be inspired to start messing around with your colours and your block layouts. face 9

Sue - Hope your toe is healing. Bet you have your blocks already cut and all ready to sew! wink

I have two more blocks to go - yeaaaah!!!

Letia face 9

21/10/2016 09:17:50

What do you find is the hardest part of the project?

1. Choosing the block patten?

2. Choosing the colours?

3. Finding the time to sew it together?

(For me it is both 1 and 3 - the colour choice has already been made.)

You will do it Margaret - form a plan of attack and go for it, but make it fun.

Letia face 9

18/10/2016 20:40:01

I love the different colours your using Sylvia. It is going to be a very modern take on some classic blocks.

17/10/2016 20:18:31

I am way behind with my block of the month but have finally finished the blocks for July, August and September.

jackinabox.jpg

Jack-in-a-box

amish star 2.jpg

Amish Star Block (2)

state of arizona.jpg

State of Arizona

Letia face 23

14/10/2016 22:45:05

Thank you everyone - I am very please with how it has come out.

The Tilda fabrics are so lovely and I am not sure I want to give it away crying 2 - it is going to be a gift for my Mum. face 9

14/10/2016 10:58:45

Sorry I have not been around but I am back from my holiday and have been beavering away at some of my projects. I have finally finished another UFO, which I had quilted in Spain.

pa140007.jpg

This is my Falling Charms quilt. Totally machine sewn - excepted for finishing the binding. face 23

Letia

03/08/2016 05:18:24

Hello from a very wet Auckland in New Zealand.

I am loving the blocks that everyone has been doing but can't add anything as I have left the fabric for my alphabet month blocks (AMB) in the UK. And so will be two months and therefore two blocks behind when I get back from my holiday. Also, as I didn't start the AMB until January this year - I have four more blocks to complete for the full twelve blocks for the year. Will be very busy sewing when I get back face 23

06/07/2016 08:12:44

Margaret your cushion is lovely - what a back drop too! smiley

Congratulation Rosemary!

Happy zapping for July everyone! smileyheart

Letiaface 9

Thread: Show and Tell
25/06/2016 20:58:38

Wow Marian they are really beautiful!! heart

Letia face 9

24/06/2016 15:17:17

Wonderful Kaleidoscope Quilt Fay!! heart And it really does remind me of the patterns in those kaleidoscopes I used to find in my Christmas stocking back in the day.

Letia face 9

24/06/2016 10:45:18

Lovely blocks ladies!!

I love the sea-side fabric Rosemary especially the one with the pebbles!!

joybellsblock.jpg

I was going to do the is block for January but decided to do something a little easier then. So I am getting better or more likely I am now a little wiser as far as what to do and how to do it. wink 2

Letia

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
The Cotton Patch
Janome
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues