By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Jayne

Here is a list of all the postings Jayne has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Show and Tell
24/09/2017 13:08:40

I agree with Winnie, it's beautiful, It's something that I have tried, maybe in the new year I'll give it a go.

Jayne x

20/09/2017 06:20:21

Oh Claire that is gorgeous, and so you should be "pleased with the result"...

Jayne x

Thread: Chat
18/09/2017 19:33:16

So, so sorry to hear about Yves this morning Margaret. Hard to think that only last Tuesday afternoon I had such a laugh with you and Dany at the sewing group in Ste Orse, I'll post photos into my album.

Please give her our sincere condolences.

Jayne xx

Edited By rosemary Rosenfeld on 22/09/2017 12:32:32

Thread: Lotus Flower Quilt
04/09/2017 18:38:39

Eileen, I first saw them at the Festival of Quilts in 2015, there are Parrs and Westalee rulers. Here is a video of Westalee rulers in action, it's much easier to see than explain. Be warned they are EXPENSIVE... especially as you need a different one for each pattern you sew. x

**LINK**

Thread: Chat
03/09/2017 16:09:45

Brilliant, fingers crossed it holds. x

01/09/2017 13:45:20

Eileen I love Ruby's quilt, there is a lot of work in a sampler quilt, it's nice to know that she'll treasure it. Jayne x

01/09/2017 08:12:30

Thank you Rosemary, it's even better that he chose the pattern himself, then went into the fabric shop and picked the fabric too. This is where I come clean and admit that although it's cotton it was from the curtain dept, but so was their last quilt fabric, so, so hard wearing and washes so well.

It's a very easy pattern to cut and sew, the way it's cut you make 16 blocks from each yard and a quarter, it was just too small and I couldn't be bothered to make more so I just bordered it with another 1.25yds of the same fabric. It's around 55" square now.

Jayne x

31/08/2017 23:06:33

I've had a busy couple of days with 2x GS here for the week while their mom and dad are away on Summer Camp with the Air Training Corps, and the feeling of pride when the eldest asks if he can have a new quilt as his current one will be a little too young when he starts scouts next month....

So after watching a few you tube tutorials he decided on The Quartered Stripes (Jenny Doan MSQC), Tuesday we went shopping for fabric and this is the result...

20170831-quartered stripes for michael.jpg

Edited By Jayne on 31/08/2017 23:09:26

Thread: how do I start my album?
30/08/2017 23:33:35

I'm glad my ramblings made some sense to you. Your quilts are beautiful.

Jayne x

30/08/2017 19:24:05

Hi, trying to remember what is on the other screen, ..

At the top under the 3 for £1 banner there is a grey toolbar, the fourth tab along is albums.

There is the create an album button.

Give it a name, Christmas, Quits, Swaps whatever you like really. A little description about it the create an album.

From the next page you can browse and upload the photos from your laptop/pc etc.

Hoping this helps you Eileen.

Jayne x

30/08/2017 07:45:05

I heard it a few years ago Margaret, but as SABLE, Stash Acquired Beyond Life Expectancy, given my previous state of health I introduced DH to our local Linus Co-ordinator....

My DH reckons that I reached SABLE around 30 years ago...., and since I still have fabric by the YARD that I bought when the girls were tiny he's probably right.

Jayne x

Thread: Just joined you
29/08/2017 22:56:01

If you want to add photos then you need to go to the top grey bar, click on the "albums" tab and create your own album/s. Then when they are in your own album you can post them in the forum threads. This order is important, ask me how I know, yes I keep forgetting it too.... x

29/08/2017 20:23:41

Welcome Eileen to our small and friendly group, I'm sure there are many more out there who don't post. There's plenty of experience here but we are all learners and novices in something. We'd love to see your works of art.

Jayne x

27/08/2017 19:56:02

That is beautiful Sylvia, and such restful colours too. It's huge, and you've hand quilted it? Wow! x

23/08/2017 20:36:12

I've also been spending some time on a little project to give to Irish Retriever Rescue, a charity who rescued our beautiful Bonnie from a life in a puppy farm. Hoping that they can use this to raise more funds to help more goldies.

I thought that the story of the Underground Railroad quilts helping the slaves to escape to freedom had so many similarities to the rescue of the goldies.

finished.jpg

18/08/2017 20:12:19

From the left..

the blue one is only a top, and it's had more added to it today,

the 'orange' one was made from orphan blocks.

The next three were supplied as tops.

The end one was supplied as orphan blocks and even bits and pieces that Sandra had to piece to assemble the block and then the quilt.

All bar one are fleece backed.

But it was a valiant effort by all concerned sitting sewing under the sun on the back porch with friends and copious tea and coffee.

J x

17/08/2017 22:27:33

I can't take the credit for these beauties, but this is what I have spent my time on today.

I saw a video of a guy, a father, from Grenfell Tower (thankfully the LFB were able to save him, his wife and daughter) it was so moving that I had to help. When I contacted them they didn't need any more quilts but they needed someone to make up the donated tops, orphan blocks and new FQs, my skills aren't great so they are all backed with fleece. I went over to the collection point in Wolverhampton and collected my large bag of fabric a couple of weeks ago.

I got the girls from our church sewing group to come around this afternoon and we attacked the pile of fabric, big time, in exchange for a few cups of coffee/tea we completed 5 quilts, made another top and it's pieced back, and another set of FQs are cut ready to sew together next week. Result - an afternoon of coffee, chatter and purpose.

group 2.jpg

17/08/2017 22:15:47

Oh Fiona your Beast is just wonderful and HUGE, OMG. x

Thread: FOQ 2017
10/08/2017 07:23:10

To anyone going I still have the same mobile number but the phone is playing up, hopefully get it sorted, otherwise it's working on "Messenger" the bit that was FB but is now independent, brilliant service, if anyone wants to find me on it, pm me today so we can make contact.

Jayne x

08/08/2017 13:12:48

I'm only going for one day; Friday, this year, with Suzanne who I dragged along last year, and she's already looking forward to it too.

Hope to see you there folks.

Jayne x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
The Cotton Patch
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues