By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Jayne

Here is a list of all the postings Jayne has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Quilt Together 2013
15/04/2013 22:44:30

Susan,

Thank you very much for your block. The colours are so 'right'. I'll take a photo in the morning when the light is better. The bonus quarter is lovely too, I'm sure I'll get to find a special place for it.

Jayne x

Thread: Jan's H4H Raffle Quilt
14/04/2013 22:45:15

Just saying we've donated.

Jayne (&Taff OH it was his paypal account...)

06/04/2013 10:41:48

Just love your blocks, as I only joined this month I still have to make my Feb and Mar blocks.

How do you join the blocks together if you have quilted each block as you go along? I'm confudled. Does anyone know if there's a good you tube clip?

Susan, your block is sewn and pressed and should be in the post on Monday. I hope you like it.

Jayne

05/04/2013 21:00:11

Susan,

I'm going to agree with the ladies above, leave it as is and it can be trimmed when I make the quilt. You never know they might all be that extra bit bigger and I'll get a bigger than expected quilt.

I'll be sewing your block when his Lordship has gone to work at 6 in the morning...

Jayne

31/03/2013 20:22:27

Susan,

As I'm new this month, yours will be the first one for me. But it's for the bed in my spare room and we have a few pieces of Dutch Blue Delpht ware that I want to display in there too. So I thought about rich dark blue/navy and white but NOT nautical.

I think we're very similar apart from my white and your ecru/cream.

I'm sure whatever you do will be fine.

Jayne x

31/03/2013 13:59:33

Susan,

I'm going to have a good rumage through my stash when his lordship has gone to work, as my thoughts on purpley blue are MY thoughts and a bit different from the ones you've already received. Oh the choices! I think I'm a bit too purpley (is that a word?) and need to go more blue.

But hopefully your block will be in the post before the weekend.

Jayne

29/03/2013 07:50:04

Rosemary, I got your email after I'd got back from the fabric shop, and now I have to go back there again, how terrible (he he he).

I have my 2 GS visiting over Easter until Sunday, so I was going back there with them anyway, I'm going to attempt to make them a quillow each for Easter and they will get to choose the fabric, at 6 and 3 I'm not sure I'm ready for this shopping trip but they will have to accept granny's other love at sometime.

Susan, I hope to get some sewing done on Monday after they've gone home.

Happy stitching girls, x

Jayne

Thread: National Quilting Day
16/03/2013 09:38:52

Chickens sorted now to post my piccies.

I'm loosely following a book cover in Mandy Shaw's Stitch with Love to cover my work diary. It's just denim with just navy and red to brighten it up. I've just got to bind the front and back inside covers and then straight across the top. I just have to find the 'right' fabric for binding it now.

download 008.jpg

download 005.jpg

16/03/2013 09:05:57

Thanks Katy, baton duly caught.

I had a wonderful hour, hand sewing my quilted cover for my work diary, (I've just got to cheer up the Boss's diary meetings somehow) and chatting to Sylvia on Skype (laptop balanced on OH'c chair while he's at work I'm sewing.)

I'm off to let the chickens out into the orchard, then I'll take some piccies of my work in progress and post them for all the world to critique,

Over to Aude hope you enjoy your hour as much as I did.

Jayne

15/03/2013 23:29:26

Good luck Susan for 6am, I'm off for an early night (well it is for me) to ready myself for 8am and my stint. I didn't get to prep my tumbling blocks tonight, but i have some hand sewing that needs finishing, so that'll be me at 8.

Looking forward to seeing all of our work.

Thread: Chat
14/03/2013 21:04:39
Posted by Sylvia on 14/03/2013 20:44:34:

Love that King size of yours Katy.

Me too Katy, so lovely and clean. I suppose it's better to keep it in my stash until I find just the right pattern.

Jayne

)

13/03/2013 23:21:32

The weather here just outside of Birmingham (UK) has been very very cold but sunny all day. But it was warmed up a lot when I got home from work to find the postman had left a jelly roll for me, yippee! My subscription free gift has arrived and it's beautiful, just a pity that I've got other projects on the go at the moment, I suppose it's the start of my stash in earnest.

I so want to find something to do it justice, I might even buy another one to match it so that I can make a double bed quilt. Does anyone know how big the quilt would be from a single jelly roll?

Your advice and suggestions would be welcome.

We might as well enjoy the weather, I believe it's here to stay for almost a month....

Jayne

Thread: National Quilting Day
12/03/2013 06:36:30

Katy,

Count me in for the 8 - 9am slot please. I'll be sewing anyway so I may as well help out with the challenge.

I can't believe I only joined last week and I'm getting involved already....

Does anyone else do Skype?  If so we could really share our sewing.

Jayne

in Walsall UK

Edited By Jayne on 12/03/2013 06:58:39

Thread: My busy weekend
11/03/2013 20:35:45
Posted by Myra in Gatley on 11/03/2013 08:49:26:

Dear Jayne,

Great quilt - wha'ts the project for next weekend?

TTFN Myra

Myra,

The project for next weekend is tidying the spare room.... boo.. sad because the Sunday after my youngest daughter and her hubby are coming over to stay for a week smiley to help Taff and I 'attack' the garden once and for all. And most of my card crafting stuff and half my wardrobe (the too small half) are stacked around the room... they won't even be able to see bed as it is.blush

But I do have to get started on a rainbow coloured tumbling blocks quilt for a guy at work's second grandson due early May..... if you look in my albums you might be able to see the sailboat quilt I made for his first grandson last summer.

11/03/2013 08:06:12

20130311- 169 - quilt top - flowers in the garden.jpg

After a wonderful day last Saturday at Cornbow Quilters with Sadie, when she started me off on my Flowers in the Garden, well after a snatched hours during the week, I sat and finished the hand sewing of opening the petals on my quilt top. The finished quilt will have to wait until I've finished another quilt so I can get the best out of a single width of wadding.

Now to find how to put a picture of it on here...

Edited By Jayne on 11/03/2013 08:08:57

Edited By Jayne on 11/03/2013 08:14:08

09/03/2013 17:39:41

Good afternoon folks,

I've been reading this thread and kicking myself for having missed the start, I was wondering if there was anyway I could join in. Please may I join in April? Rosemay I have messaged you with my other details.

Jayne

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues