By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Jayne

Here is a list of all the postings Jayne has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Show and Tell 2019
28/09/2019 06:45:57

Oh Fiona,

that is lovely, most definitely a very lucky daughter.

J x

09/06/2019 16:10:27

Thank you Margaret,

Hubby had to work away for a couple of days, "Oh dear what a pity", I still need to sort out the dining room to have tea this evening... although I have a sewing rom there isn't room for quilting a bit quilt, this one is 63" x 73" I added 6 extra blocks to this one, and turning it would have cleared all the surfaces around, so the dining table at full extend was in order. The piecing went together really well, I'd happily make this pattern again.

I had an autograph book too, it's somewhere in the house but I don't have any celebrities only family and friends.

Jayne x

09/06/2019 00:02:15

My latest make, DH asked me to make a quilt for his brother's wedding. Most of us would be flattered, but when he makes the suggestion with only 5 weeks before the wedding..... still at least he didn't complain when he had to feed himself.

The front is the Hip to be Square from Jordan Fabrics tutorials, the back which needed to be pieced to be wide enough is just a Seminole table runner pattern. Straight line quilting in the centre with 7 lines around the edges. I hadn't noticed that the fabric chosen for the border was directional, Doh! So I mitred the corners to get around it.

20190608 - david and angelas wedding - seminole backing.jpg20190608 - david and angelas wedding - hp .jpg

14/03/2019 20:09:37

Oh he's gorgeous Thimble your GD must love him and adore the love you put into making him. You might have a long wait before mine appear on here.

Jayne x

14/03/2019 10:34:19

luna lapin book.jpg

Thank you Carol, Margaret.

I had a very tearful phone call from her yesterday lunchtime, telling me that I was a "very naughty girl". I think she likes it and the book I sent down with it, she can't wait to get stitching herself. Jayne x

(Of course I had to buy a copy of the book for myself (£5 from the works)- Luna is not a toy as such but I think I might make one for myself - as another dust collector but who cares)

Edited By Jayne on 14/03/2019 10:38:02

Edited By Jayne on 14/03/2019 10:41:53

Thread: Chat
14/03/2019 10:28:00

Shawl please Margaret, with an idea of the size of it too please. Jayne x

13/03/2019 22:28:57

Our (great) grandmothers would have thought so Rosemary, so I don't see why not.

I'd not heard of that one Brenda.

Mine is my rotary cutter (and mat please).

Jayne x

Thread: Show and Tell 2019
12/03/2019 10:23:06

Thank you Sylvia, I have to say the FQs were a 12 pack from Aldi, £6.99 for 12, although the pack of beige/brown that I'd picked up were only 11, hence I had to buy some fabric for one square although it gave me an opportunity to blend in the border fabric. I hate to admit that the fleece was bought to make my daughter a cape/poncho when she was pregnant with Michael, as you can see it never got made and M is at senior school now....

I have been given loads of fabric for charity sewing, but I just have far too much to fill 5 lifetimes let alone one. So I'm giving loads of it to a group in their third year making quilts as Christmas Presents for care leavers, I don't even have time to piece it all, so they are using the bigger pieces for quilt backs, they are going straight to the long armer. The smaller pieces I'm using for syringe driver bags / drawstring bags and period pockets for the Red Box Project / and tissue holders for donations at the hospital, all in descending size order. xx

11/03/2019 19:43:17

This is my first completed quilt of 2019, I spoke to my cousin on Friday evening and she is feeling very very down at the moment. Her older brother has a new tumour just 2 years after winning the fight against stomach cancer. Her hubby is fighting to keep both retinas attached and functional at the moment and her aged mother is wondering why she's NOT the centre of the universe at the moment. I can't up sticks to go and give her a hug so I've raided my stash over the weekend plus a little bit of fabric for one square and the border. Very basic quilt, the starting squares were 15 1/2" (the size of my big ruler) just stitched and cut into QST, backed by fleece, yes from my stash too, the fleece was bought over to the front rather than binding. It'll be in the post tomorrow to give her a quilty hug.

20190311 - quilt for sue macphie - qst.jpg

Edited By Jayne on 11/03/2019 19:43:58

16/02/2019 18:17:03

I just had to google it too, and have now sent my daughter a message to ask her to teach me to make one. I can hold a hook and yarn and make stitches but I have never been able to follow a crochet pattern, YET.  Christmas '19 here I come.

I love your blankets Rosemary, they are stitched so beautifully and even.

Jayne x

Edited By Jayne on 16/02/2019 18:19:17

Thread: Christmas Challenge....make a Christmas stocking for charity.
22/12/2018 11:31:31

How do we vote for our favourite(s) please Rosemary.

Jayne x

Thread: Free for charity
11/12/2018 22:48:26

Hi Rosemary,

I have plenty of fabric but a suggestion to you. Neo-natal units / Children's Hospitals take quilts from FQ size upwards, so if the fleece is big enough for a FQ they would be ideal for practicing FMQ with a useable end product.

Jayne x

11/12/2018 22:45:14

Thank you Sylvia. Sewing is such great therapy for me; hubby has been known to 'send' me to my machine.

Jayne xx

10/12/2018 23:53:02

20181130 - st margarets school.jpgYou asked about Craft Fairs Rosemary,

I did my first ever craft fair at the local Primary School PTA Christmas Fair, There was the usual toy (mostly £1-2 each) and sweet stalls guaranteed winners, I was the only stall where they had to put their hand in their pockets, although I had items at £1 upwards. When I looked at my stall at the end I was a little despondent at how much stock I brought home with me.

But when I looked at what I'd sold I was really pleased, Stall fee £10, 2 hours, total sales £90, take home £80. For a first attempt I'm really pleased and will do more next year. Plus I sold another £25 to friends after the Fair.

This is my stall.

Thread: Christmas Challenge....make a Christmas stocking for charity.
02/11/2018 08:52:39

I shall have a go Rosemary, seems like a fun project, where we all benefit.

Is there a deadline for the emails to you?

Jayne x

17/10/2018 21:44:24

Hi Rosemary,

Please give Winnie my best wishes, and I look forward to hearing from her when BT allows her to join the 21st century again.

Jayne and DH xx

Thread: login issues
04/10/2018 22:02:06

I've just had to log-in too, x

Thread: Festival of Quilts 2019
17/08/2018 14:17:47

I'm in please Rosemary.

Jayne x

Thread: Phishing Scam / Hacked
03/08/2018 11:19:11

I've had an email from Margaret Hay, AKA Winnie....

But... the email address is wrong it also mentions Marlene, I'm not sure who but one of them has been hacked. I have deleted without opening it. Just a warning folks.

Jayne x

Thread: Show and Tell 2018
16/07/2018 10:08:31

It's lovely Rosemary,

Is it appliques?, Where did you get the templates from? Some little kiddie will have hours of fun with that.

Jayne x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
Janome
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Search Press
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues