By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tina Smith 2

Here is a list of all the postings Tina Smith 2 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Returner to the forum and the hobby
21/05/2020 10:18:56

Thanks for the lovely comments everyone! I'm still 'poorly' as it is a long term thing, but have worked out how to manage it a bit better.

I have unpacked lots of fabric and thought that was everything, then found another box yesterday, all quilting fabric!

I have been doing some very basic dressmaking to try and use up my stash of dressmaking fabric, and also started work on a Lynette Anderson BOM that I signed up to in 2013. The machien that I now have does applique, and whilst I prefer the look of hand stitches, I have accepted that if I want to get it finished, machine is the only way. I have finished block 2 in the past week and am now on block 3 (there are 6 plus the border).

We spent the weekend converting DD's old room into a dedicated craft room for me, so I can now leave things out instead of having to put them away after every session.

15/05/2020 15:14:20

Thanks Rosemary

15/05/2020 10:16:28

Hi everyone, I used to be an active member several years ago.

Through a combination of long term illness, and a house move, all of my patchwork and quilting stash has been packed away (for nearly five years!!), but yesterday I started unpacking it all as my elder daughter has moved out and I am to have her room as a hobby space.

I found my swap blocks (the intention being to make DD1 a quilt to take away to Uni, but she graduated last July, oops), and the beautiful heart squares that you all sent me when I first became ill. I actually got quite emotional.

So my intention is to slowly try to finish all my UFO's. I need to unpack my boxes of books too, my brain hasn't actually retained any information with regards to how to actually DO stuff . I had started hand quilting the swap blocks and now my brain says, erm, what next?

Hopefully I can now join in with the chatter at least, on a regular basis. I might also need to shout for help on projects if that's ok.

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2015
09/07/2015 11:39:30

HI all. E;mails received, thank you. I posted all July and August squishies on Monday (and one that I found in my handbag from June, oops blush, sorry!!).

26/05/2015 10:58:32

Thank you so much ladies!

Sorry to have been quiet, awaiting surgery for an ovarian cyst and feeling a bit bleurgh!

I have a lovely pile of squishies waiting at home; stuck at work today but will be opening them all later and taking a photo.

Thread: 2015 Tips
03/01/2015 11:37:25

Is it worth having a go with bicarbonate of soda? Maybe try soaking a small bit of fabric in it as a tes; but it's the only thing that sorts out pongy trainers etc in our house!

Thread: PPBC 2014
15/12/2014 19:08:57

Hi Irene, so glad you like it. Yes, I did make the card; I try and make most of them, but had to resort to a few nice notelets that I bought from a fellow crafter as well this year.

Thread: Astronomical Friendship Swap 2015
24/11/2014 15:43:28

Hi Rosemary

I'm not well enough to commit to sending a block each month, but would love to join in with the 'Kay and Jayne' way if possible please? I'm still on the tinabearhouse... e:mail address which I think you should have?

24/11/2014 15:39:17

Glad that they have arrived; am very embarassed at having got so behind!

Thread: An apology
07/07/2014 15:09:13

Ladies, I am so sorry; didn't mean to disappear on you! I haven't posted, and I have also got behind with stuff.

My diagnosis of ME is now in question, and I am now due to go for an MRI in a couple of weeks to eliminate or confirm an alternative diagnosis (possibly MS), and I also have to see a Neurologist. Health has been a bit hit and miss, and I got in a muddle. Managing to go to work every day still, but usually in bed straight away once I get home.

Anyway, I did finally send out the July birthday squishies last week, as well as a very very late one to Cathy. I think the only other outstanding thing is a photo of the gorgeous bag that Monique made for me. (If there's anything else I haven't done, someone please give me a prod!!).

Hopefully I'll be able to keep up now.

Thread: Bag Swap
09/06/2014 14:35:32

No problem, I did take a photo of the bag I sent, and will also take one when the bag arrives from Monique smiley . It's on my PC at home, so will have a go this evening.

09/06/2014 11:00:07

Monique, so glad that you like it!

Katy, would you like us to post a pic of the bag we have sent, or the one that we receive?

04/06/2014 14:56:45

I just found the card that I meant to put in with your bag, sitting on my desk, Monique laugh. I did at least put a return address on the back of the package, so you will know that the bag is from me.

01/06/2014 17:55:26

Monique, your bag is finished and so I will post it to you tomorrow.

31/05/2014 12:49:34

Well, hard to do this little lot justice, and I had such fun opening them all, thank you everyone! I did find a gorgeous project that involves using fat eighths, but my memory is a bit rubbish at the moment, and I have (hopefully temporarily) forgotten where I saw it. Whatever I make i will have a lot of fun. xxxx

ppbd.jpg

Thread: Lend with care
30/05/2014 12:01:48

lovely thanks!

30/05/2014 11:04:24

I have just donated to Jameela Bibi direct, but attributed it to the Group, is that the correct way to do it?

29/05/2014 09:28:09

I have just caught up with this thread, joined Lend with Care this morning, and put some credit on my account in readiness. Think it's a wonderful idea, thanks for organising it ladies!

Have also sent a join request to the PP group.

27/05/2014 14:52:49

Thank you ladies! Had a lovely weekend away in Liverpool (DH was supposed to be running the marathon, but is injured. We had already paid for the hotel, so went anyway and explored instead). Got home late last night. Boy, does it take a long time to open 26 squishies and stroke all that fabric smiley.

Will try and take a photo as soon as my camera batteries have recharged.

Thread: Vote for Love Quilts
14/05/2014 07:59:43

I voted, still in 4th place.

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues