By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Teresa 1960

Here is a list of all the postings Teresa 1960 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Cutting fabric.
15/02/2017 10:23:41

Before you relegate your old scissors to the kitchen drawer you might want to have a look at these people http://www.prosharp.co.uk. I haven't used them personally but a friend has and was delighted with the service they provided.

Hope it helps.

Thread: PPBC 2014
13/09/2014 18:05:18

To everybody who has sent me a squishie and is wondering about the lack of acknowledgement I send apologies. My mother was taken into hospital just over a week ago and I immediately travelled from Devon, where I live, to Lincolnshire, where she lives. The past week has been a blur of hospital visits, talks with consultants, sorting out treatment and hoping for positive results. I must admit I didn't give PPBC a second thought until my husband mentioned during a phone call today all the birthday cards arriving for me. I am grateful and do appreciate all squishies received and when I eventually go home will enjoy opening all the cards and fabric waiting for me.

To all the October birthday people apologies in advance, I will try to send out squishies ASAP but I'm not even sure where to find a fabric shop. Anybody know of a good quilt shop in or near Kings Lyn or Wisbech?

Thanks in advance for your understanding.

Teresa

Thread: Accuquilt Go Machine
03/09/2014 13:52:11

Has anyone else seen the new electric version of the Accuquilt Go! ? It looks fantastic. I saw a YouTube of it being demonstrated and it looks perfect for those of us whose hands are starting to be arthritic

03/09/2014 13:43:26

Thank you Irene and Fiona, your squishies have arrived.

01/09/2014 14:26:19

Another squishie arrived this morning, thank you Rosemary.

29/08/2014 18:57:41

Another squishy envelope waiting for me when I got home this evening, thank you Mal.

28/08/2014 11:32:44

Good morning everybody

Four lovely tempting squishy envelopes arrived this morning. Thank you Terry, Glenda, Eileen and Cathy.

Teresa

Thread: PP Slimming Group 2014
28/01/2014 16:48:41

Well done Pam, it soon mounts up doesn't it, or should that be mounts down for dieters? smiley

22/01/2014 16:46:06

I'm back from WW and it's happy dance time, I lost 2 lb which meant I broke into the next stone down. I also got my Fitbit stats today which say I have walked over 50,000 steps this week or 22 miles! Just need to do it all again for another week.

22/01/2014 08:57:24

Weigh-in day for me. Get weighed at lunchtime. Fingers crossed for a minus figure.

Because it's such a long road for me I really do have to take it one step at a time and if that step is a small one at least it is in the right direction. I have found that aiming for high weekly losses and a quick fix only leads to rebound gains. I'm trying this time to change my lifestyle not just go on a diet.

20/01/2014 08:25:07

A new week already, they seem to come round so fast. DH is home all week which makes dieting so much harder, but as we have some major DIY to do this week at least there will be plenty of exercise.

Good luck to everyone who is weighing in today.

15/01/2014 16:43:45

Weight Watchers weigh in day for me today and I lost 1.5 lb. I'm always pleased to see a loss and keep telling myself that even at just a 1lb a week that would be nearly 4st over a year. I would love to be 4 st lighter this time next year so I'm grateful for each and every pound that goes. And I managed to complete 10,000 steps today but that has made me so tired I won't be able to do it every day or a while.

14/01/2014 17:18:16

Well done to all those who lost weight this week. It is weigh in day for me tomorrow so fingers crossed for good news. I treated myself to a Fitbit (a fancy pedometer) as a late Xmas present to encourage me to get some exercise and today got the summary of how far I walked in the last week. After thinking I hadn't done any exercise at all this week it turns out I have walked 25 miles. Feeling pleased with myself about this.

13/01/2014 12:41:02

For once I'm glad the weekend is over and it's time to start a new week. DH didn't manage to get to the supermarket on his way home from work on Saturday so offered the treat of a Chinese Takeaway instead and even though I kept it simple the calorie count is unknowable. Yesterday he cooked the most delicious roast dinner which I thoroughly enjoyed and didn't worry about at the time. At least I managed to do some walking this weekend. By Saturday evening my Fitbit registered 12000 steps. No walking today though, it's pouring down with rain again.

10/01/2014 15:10:00

Birthday squishies posted to Di, Alison, Margaret and Tessa. Hopefully they should arrive in plenty of time.

Thread: Hearts are all around
10/01/2014 14:37:01

That is a beautiful quilt, absolutely lovely

Thread: PP Slimming Group 2014
10/01/2014 09:25:25

Jill, you're not alone in your cheese addiction. I simply can't have any in the house otherwise I pick at it untill it's all gone. For me it's worse than chocolate for snacking on and so it's simply not on the shopping list anymore.

As part of of the resolution to lose weight and get fit I'm off to a Pilates class this morning. Wish me luck ladies.

09/01/2014 19:42:42

Because the weather has been brighter today I've taken the opportunity to get a bit of exercise. A brisk walk in the sunshine makes everything seem a bit better. I hope walking will help with the weight loss, at least I can't eat while out walking.

09/01/2014 15:00:18

I just discovered this thread and sat down to read it from beginning to end. Please can I join in with everybody else. I need to lose just over 6 stone and would love to be part of the friendly encouragement I see going on here. It was back to WW yesterday to find out I put on 2.5 lb over Christmas so it's time to start afresh and really make a commitment to losing weight this year.

Thread: Secret Santa 2013
11/12/2013 21:15:48

I'm not at home at the moment but DH has just phoned to let me know that a parcel arrived today with a return address of Santa in New Zealand so Cathy It might be me who you sent your gift to. Looking forward to getting home in a couple of days and checking it out myself.

Teresa

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues