By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Janet M

Here is a list of all the postings Janet M has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Greetings
26/12/2017 22:02:06

I would just like to send Christmas Greetings to all who remember me on here, particularly Carol Beeley and Rosemary.

I am looking forward to January 1st when I can put up the lovely Calendar from the photos of this talented group.

Anyway, hope you all had a lovely time and keep on quilting.

Jan McElroy

Thread: Chat
20/08/2017 22:04:30

Hi Carol. It was lovely meeting up with you at the FoQ, oh my I look like an old lady in that picture, but I was so cold, ha ha. Wanted to say how much I envy you that little sewing machine, had one very similar when I was a little girl, it stitched a dream. When is he going again, do we put orders in? I was sure we used to be able to post a reply beneath the actual comments but I can't find a way of doing it now. Old you see...

Thread: Jan's H4H Raffle Quilt
30/04/2013 23:59:41

Many many thanks ladies for reaching and passing the target, I am absolutely thrilled with the total. I wont say here what it is you can see tomorrow.

Thank you to Katy for sorting the Just Giving site for the quilt too.

I hope I didn't offend anyone in my gentle 'pushing' of this Charity Quilt.

Thank you to the ladies who made the blocks. To those who bought tickets.

and now.....

The bat has gone.

vamp

30/04/2013 01:44:08

Today is your last chance to donate to H4H with a chance to win a quilt........vamp

30/04/2013 01:42:20

Thank you for that rousing speech Fiona, much appreciated. thumbs up

Well ladies this is the LAST DAY you can donate to H4H for this quilt. Remember someone on this forum will win it, it is not open to the general public.

You are so very near to the target now, can I do one last push for it please. I do hope you don't think I have been a pain over this but it is very special to me. These lads, and lasses of course, do such a grand job out in that darn awful country and some come back so badly injured, this is for them. Some of course don't come back at all.

So one last push to reach the target and I will be gone.

Thank you to everyone who donated so far.

vamp

29/04/2013 01:55:02

2 days to go,

Thought I would show the back of the quilt in case you are interested in seeing it...

I used a pretty blue fabric with little flowers all over.

You are very very nearly at the target girls, thank you so much.

vamp

H4H Quilt

27/04/2013 01:32:03

H4H Quilt

You have to be in it to win it.

27/04/2013 01:30:52

Alternative uses for a Quilt.......

1] Someone's birthdaycake Why not wrap the present in a quilt, double the surprise....gift

2] Use as a curtain...yes

3] Got a pet? They would love a quilt to snuggle into..dog.cat

4] Keep one in the car in case you break down....crying

5] Make a tent for the children to play under, or a wigwam....femalemale

6] On the beach, have the snazziest windbreak ever....hot

7] Still on the beach and that deckchair is hard,face 8 lay a quilt on it and there you go, comfort in a deckchair....face 1

8] Use as a picnic cloth, you will be the envy of all around....face 3

9] Use as a cover for the garden table for that quick lunch with a friend, she wil be impressed....tea

10] Collect up toys at the end of the day and deposit back in the playroom/bedroom/toybox....femalemale

4 days to go to end of raffle, you have done amazingly well, you are very nearly at the target, thank you so much.

vamp

26/04/2013 01:46:29

It is rising up and up and up, thank you everyone, I have a feeling we will make it to the target.

heartSpecial thanks to Annette, Clint and Reb, well done you three. heart

Anyone can donate anywhere in the World I believe, not sure, but I would have thought so.

I have some ideas of what to use a quilt for.........tomorrow.

Thank you everyone so much.

vampjan

25/04/2013 01:58:59

Brilliant Claire, you have helped push it up nearer to the target.

Many thanks as I said to ALL of you who have supported this so far.

smileyvamp

FIVE days to go

25/04/2013 01:57:16

I do understand everyone is going through very difficult times one way or another,

I hope I haven't given any of you the impression YOU MUST buy tickets to support this worthy cause,

I am just doing my bit to raise awareness that this quilt is on offer for a forum member.

FIVE days to go

Apologies if I have offended anyone.

vamp

24/04/2013 00:19:34

Would you like to win this quilt??? Please go to the thread Jans H4H Raffle Quilt..

Many thanks and Good Luck.

The finished quilt from Jan

24/04/2013 00:17:21

Hello all on Forum,

Bet you never thought you would see me again. Or wished!! I am here for only this week to try to coax some of you to buy tickets for this quilt, it was made specifically for one of you to win it. The money going to H4H to help with all the things these lads and lasses need after they have been so badly injured.

To those of you who have already donated my eternal thanks. This charity is close to my heart, my heart goes out to all the soldiers, male and female who have lost their lives and the ones who come back injured, well I hope we can at least get to the targaet Katy has set to raise. It would be great to raise more but.....I wont be that pushy.

Pleasse can I tempt any of you to buy a ticket or two, ALL the money raised goes to H4H nothing comes to me or PP Magazine.

Remember one of YOU will win this but you do have to purchase a ticket. This is NOT for the general public only Forum members.

Day 1 posting.

Jan ---- aka battyjan as was vamp

The finished quilt from Jan

Thread: PLAYING - BIGTIME
16/01/2013 22:43:21

I've not received my November one from Claire, or this month from Sandy.

But January isn't finished yet I guess.

JM

Thread: 2012 GENERAL FABRIC POSTCARD SWAP with BJ
16/01/2013 22:38:49

If anyone wishes to take over the organisation of this swap, feel free.

JM

Thread: 2012 TRIP AROUND THE WORLD POSTCARDS WITH KATY and DI
16/01/2013 16:11:20

My Postcard from Jytte for Great Britain, thank you Jytte.

Jytte to Janet

Thread: WORD ASSOCIATION PATCHWORK BLOCKS
16/01/2013 16:00:58

Please do not send me any more blocks.

JM

15/01/2013 22:33:01

15/01/2013 12:25:43

FIne

15/01/2013 12:20:27

Katy, I fail to see why it was deleted. Was I rude? No I don't think so. I was having my say in answer to two messages. It could have been worse. Feel free to have a go, I have broad shoulders but still trying to understand why it was deleted.

jan

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
lewis and irene
Janome
Crafting Live
Sarik
bredons
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues