By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Alyson Booth

Here is a list of all the postings Alyson Booth has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Scrappy!
03/04/2013 15:23:11

lovely, what a great way to use up all your off cuts well doneangel 2

Edited By Katy on 07/04/2013 09:15:19

Thread: Old hexagons
03/01/2013 15:54:44

What a lovely idea to use up these old hexagones I have lying about, I will definately give it a try and let you know the outcome, it will also be intersenting to find out what is on the old papers tooangel

Thread: Chop and Sew
11/07/2011 16:47:03
so clever yet so simple - well done Janet

Regards

Alyson
Thread: A MAZE ing
15/10/2010 14:30:44
Well done that is an incredible Quilt you are very talented
Thread: Sylvia's Box in the Corner
23/07/2010 14:56:34
Brilliant but it does your head in trying to see all the angles
Alyson
Thread: round robin
11/07/2010 15:30:24
Caz

Yes I have seen the next round the magazine is sitting next to me, I am just building up the nerve to cut out the stars, thing is my quilt top is a bit bigger than I had imagined so I am probably just going to do the shortest sides with stars

How is yours going?
19/06/2010 13:52:32
Well done Caz I love your colours, I started trying to get lilac and greens but it looks more green than lilack

Thread: Quilted Yurt
09/06/2010 16:32:14
Downright awesome - wish I could get up to the show.
Thread: Stay at Home Round Robin
29/05/2010 12:25:51
Round Robin May - My latest atempt but ran out of the pale fabric so my round robin is now rectangular - looking forward to the next issue

Thanks to Katy for supplying me with her copy of the May issue as mine did not turn up in time,  my aplique was a bit to big for the amount of border material I had left so the quilt is now rectanguralish - looking forward to my next magazine issue.
Thread: Am I the Only one?
19/05/2010 11:48:20

Am I the only one out there that has not received a copy of May's issue of the PP Magazine?

I have tried several times to get a copy from the distribution company but still no luck.  I am desperate to add the next border to my 'Stay at home Round Robin Quilt'

I've tried our local newsagent and the local patwork supplier but no luck.........
Any suggestions how I can get this missing copy.

Edited By Alyson Booth on 19/05/2010 11:49:47

Thread: Christmas Bells
06/05/2010 11:55:24
As a bell ringer I love this hanging
Thread: Leominster in Bloom
02/12/2009 12:41:52
Awesome, so much work Leomister should be proud of you all
Thread: My Gran
15/11/2008 14:16:00

Jenny

your words are only too true, we take things for granted, moad and groan agout our lot 'till we hear and see what others have to go through in life.  Life is to short, we should be thankfull and enjoy things while we are able.

Thread: El-Shaddai quilt.jpg
02/10/2008 13:40:00

Sleeping under that quilt would be like falling asleap dreaming of the orient. you are a very clever lady

Thread: Crib quilt
06/08/2008 08:06:00
Hello, when this website first opened I asked if anyone could help with ideas for quilting a crib for our local church's crib fest. Well it is done, I got the idea from 'another' magazine and i am very pleased with the results, lets hope I make millions raffleing it for the bell tower. in December.
http://www.popularpatchwork.com/sites/4/images/member_albums/108/crib_for_mag_0.jpg

Thread: In the shade - Baby Giraffe
18/03/2008 13:49:00

What a lovely surprise to see my favorite animal quilted so charmingly - I had the privilege of working with giraffes, and have done a couple of projects using African theme panels, but nothing as stunning as this, it’s something to aspire too.  Well done.

Thread: Quilted Crib
16/03/2008 15:12:00

Katy

Thank you for such a prompt response, Yes my plan is to do a wall hanging Nativity Crib, or a blanket although I like the idea of buttons to hang the figures.  The brain is whirrling already with new ideas I'm going to have a look in the sale rack at our local quilting shop to get more ideas and cheaper fabrics.  Thanks again.

Alyson

16/03/2008 09:43:00
Our Church is having a crib display in December.......  I am thinking of making a quilted crib and using velcro to attach the figures, I'm only a beginer but would like to contribute to raise funds for the church.  Does anybody out there have any ideas I can crib off?  Did your brilliant magazine ever tackle such a project?  I'd love to hear any suggestions.
Thread: Green Eyed Monster by Karen Benge
13/03/2008 16:49:00
Jolly - nice greens just like my kitchen!
Thread: The power and the glory
13/03/2008 15:25:00
Awesome!  This quilt could not be more aptly named.  Being a Scot myself it conjures up the colours of Scotland the industrial side portrayed through our glorious landscapes.  Well done you talented creature.
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
ECT
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues