By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Sue 62

Here is a list of all the postings Sue 62 has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2018
12/09/2018 20:20:53

Eileen, your envelope is going in the post tomorrow! Just hope if arrives in time. Sue*

Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
06/09/2018 00:08:36

Hi Margaret,

Thanks for sharing Simone's quilt - please send her my congratulations on such a wonderful quilt.

How awful for you to be unwell whilst in the middle of packing and moving - wishing you the strength to keep going and lots of hugs.

Best wishes, Sue* rose

Thread: Festival of Quilts 2019
01/09/2018 13:58:25

Hi Rosemary,

You're such a busy beee**

I'm just about to take my machine to monthly P&Q group on Monday again.

Fingers have healed well so I'm gingerly typing this just using those two.

I need a litttle something to concentrate on rather than any of my larger on going ufos.

So may I join in at this stage??

If the cutting etc is too much for me/DH/friends then I would stilll like to contribute towards the costs....

Thanks, Sue.

Psss my fingers are ultra sensitive and keeep doing too many letters! And again-I give up.

Thread: Chat
18/08/2018 14:12:48

Thinking of all those who are experiencing long waits for ops-it's a pain in more ways than one.

My fingers are now out of splints - so 9 weeks in all.

My husband has been wonderful with the cooking et al and I probably became more boring and bored as the weeks went by! Jigsaws, reading and tv lose their novelty value!

So I'm just starting to type with the fingers and did a little cutting out of already-made hsts for Stuart's quilt at P&Q this week, but they're still very sensitive and I'm a little afraid of knocking them as you can imagine!

Comment from various people was that they seem to be taking longer than elbow replacements and they're right.

Take care everyone. roseroserose Sue*

Thread: king sized bed quilt to make
18/08/2018 14:03:07

Gorgeous Eileen and I love the butterflies. Sue* thumbs up

Thread: Festival of Quilts 2018
07/08/2018 14:49:43

Well done on the win Eileen.

My fingers are still in silly little splints which get in the way of everything so only reading, jigsaws etc for me. Fingers allowed out for massages!

Thank goodness there has been loads of sports on too.

So I've decided not to go to FOQ-although I really would have liked to see the quilt.

I did have a good spree at Malvern and that will keep me going for many a year-added to the stash!!

I just may be tempted by any of Philip or Kaffe fabric though.

Enough my second fingers are feeling the strain!!

Enjoy the show folks! Sue* cat

07/08/2018 14:42:58

My goodness I can't believe that someone didn't snap them up on ebay!

What an awful thing to happen to such an experienced and well known quilter.

What luck that lady recognised the labels. Actually any label must mean a quilt is of some note!

Well done!!

Thread: Festival of Quilts 2018
07/07/2018 14:15:07

Hi Jayne,

Not sure about this year. I still have two fingers strapped up for another three weeks or so which almost takes us to the show I think.

I'll have to see how my DH's bad back progresses with the physio!!

Sue*

07/07/2018 14:03:05

Sylvia I obviously had the computer take over I wrote hsts!

07/07/2018 14:01:03

Firstly I wonder if the pretty pin cushion is yours Rosemary and I honestly thought the jar was yours too!

Sylvia I wondered if one could be clever and use hots for this??

Margaret I was about to write that I have that same problem on my main computer where it recognises my email but I still have to remember my password.

Then I came across from your email and I've had to go through the login just like you-so goodness knows what it's all about!

Maybe it's different 'engine's or something?!!

Sue* rose

04/07/2018 14:02:30

Love all your plans and fabrics Eileen, but the wallpaper?

Seems to me you didn't get much sleep the other night.

Your quilt is beautiful Sylvia-is it having differing shades of white that make it glow?

Stitches out of my fingers tomorrow-maybe I'll be able to sew?! Sue* rose

04/07/2018 13:53:11

Lovely Rosemary-I particularly like the quilting on the dark sky. Sue* rose

Thread: Lend with care
02/07/2018 23:08:43

I do admire the way these ladies work so hard to educate their children and give their families a better quality of life.

Thanks for organising our loans Rosemary.

Sue*

02/07/2018 22:58:41

WOW Eileen is all I can say. My king size is actually 6' x 7' and I've yet to finish a quilt for it- they're my ufos.

My mistake has definitely been to choose complicated patterns so I agree with everyone in the keep it simple camp!

Look forward to seeing your choice of colours and pattern. Sue*

Thread: Show and Tell 2018
02/07/2018 22:50:57

Lovely colours and your quilting looks great.

Wimbledon colours too! Sue* cocktail

Thread: Popular Patchwork Announcement
29/06/2018 17:57:39

'Sisters- in- hobbies' then! I forgot all my scrapping boxes too although some of that is gradually going to a friend's daughter and grand-daughters who make pages from photos of all their family activities! Brilliant!

With no children or nieces I do now realise that I've spent far too much money over the years.

My Mum was stricken with arthritis aged 28 and was inactive at times too. Also we are governed in some ways by our birth dates I suppose.

Must get on with a book I've promised to pass on. Nice to chat! Sue* smiley

29/06/2018 17:16:23

Ps If anyone is looking for a particular magazine do message me.

29/06/2018 17:14:41

I know what you mean about the piles of magazines Maria. I am a terrible hoarder - comes from being a retired primary teacher I think. Nothing is useless in that job although my DH would probably disagree! So a few years ago I began to look through all my stitching and cross-stitch magazines and passed them on to friends and charity shops.

Last year I moved on to my p&q mags , tearing out the odd item and then passing them on at p&q and sewing groups. I now just have the last 2 years worth of several different p&q mags still with me and their days are numbered. At least I know that all my mags passed to appreciative folk!

Now I have to try and do the same with all my books, painting gear, kits etc. Probably some eBay selling/charity shops or on this site with fabrics(?). I think I'd need at least 30 years to complete all I have which would make me the grand old age of ....98!!

Lol Sue* surprise

28/06/2018 20:12:00

Brilliant-well done ladies it looked super!

28/06/2018 13:20:56

I do love the heat but not the humidity we had here yesterday. Today though is fabulous with a lovely breeze off the Severn! You can imagine what that's like in the Winter!!

I've just done my online shopping for delivery tomorrow-one less thing for my DH to do- and now I'm finishing off one of those wonderful Wentworth wooden jigsaws-I buy a 500 piece one every time they have a sale...which reminds me!

I hope you're all managing to take advantage of this lovely weather. Last week, before I had my fingers done, we went to the Aerospace museum at Filton, near Bristol-really just to see Concorde again! Well worth the trip, lovely café and the ticket lasts for a year.

Best wishes, Sue* face 23

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues