By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Carol B

Here is a list of all the postings Carol B has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
22/08/2017 16:19:30

Brenda,

Hope you are enjoying the holiday. I can see why you would collect these lovely little machines, and yes, I would love to hear more about them, thank you.

Margaret S,

Wow, what a fantastic little Bernina. Have you tried stitching with it? I think I would just open the case occasionally and stroke it. A real treasure.

Carol Bface 23

21/08/2017 08:11:56

Hi Jan,

The years rolled back when I saw you, and it's the photo that does it - in the flesh you are definitely not looking old!

Glad you like my little machine, you should see the lovely old Singer he bought me 2 yrs ago at the same Traction Engine Rally.

Take care & keep warm wink 2

Carol b face 23

Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
20/08/2017 19:38:39

Anita,

Many thanks for my lovely sleepy owl

from anita to carol b.jpg

he's very strokeable smiley

Carol B face 23

19/08/2017 14:51:55

Hi Liz,

Great to hear from you and to know that you are ok. You have definitely been missed and it is nice to know you are still sewing. Congrats to your son for his wedding next year. I have 2 step grandsons, and they certainly have appreciated my quilting efforts in the past, so I am sure you will be kept busy.

Take care, hopefully we shall 'see' more of you in the future

best wishes

Carol Bface 23

18/08/2017 16:17:22

I met up with Jan McElroy at FOQ and she sends her best to everyone on the forum.

So here is the quilt she made in memory of Maggi traditional - janet mcelroy - finished at last maggi pp.jpg

Plus the super quilting

traditional - janet mcelroy - finished it at last maggi (reverse) pp.jpg

OOPs sorry Mandy, got your hand in the pic wink

And here is Jan

carol & jan mc.jpg

Think NN was laughing too much when she took this.

Carol B face 23

18/08/2017 16:11:30

For everyone that had been wondering how Katy's daughter got on - she got the course and uni she wanted - so congratulations Stella, I am sure everyone wishes you good luck for the future.

Thimble face 23x

Thread: Show and Tell
18/08/2017 16:09:20

That's great work Jayne and for such a good cause.

Sorry we didn't get more time to chat at FOQ but it was good to see you.

Carol B face 23

16/08/2017 12:02:22

I love the quilt Fiona, especially in its arty display. Looks like a lot of beautiful work, no wonder you were quiet.

Carol B face 23

16/08/2017 11:59:43

Hi R,

it sews a beautiful straight stitch on top and a lovely even chain stitch below. I can understand why your GN loves using it.

14/08/2017 19:36:45

I think I shall have to go away more often. Whilst I was at FOQ my DH went to a local Traction Engine Rally - look what he brought back for me -

vulcan junior sewing machine.jpg

It even works, sewing a very neat stitch! laugh

A Happy & spoiled Thimble face 23

Thread: FOQ 2017
14/08/2017 16:52:32

I have downloaded the first group of photos into an album, sorry if they are not all sharp. It will take me a few days to put all the pics up as I am trying to add the Category, the makers name & the title to each one.

Hope you are as awe-inspired by them as I am

Thimbleface 23

14/08/2017 12:04:58

Hi All,

Whilst at the FOQ I met Emma (Editor) and Julie (Deputy editor) of PP. Both lovely ladies, and so easy to chat to.

Whilst they are both (correctly so) very focused on the Magazine, Emma is keen to keep a happy and flourishing Forum going. I know that she will be receptive to any ideas or comments anyone has and would urge anyone with suggestions about the forum, or magazine for that matter, to email her. I am certain you will get a friendly response.

Lovely to meet with you both

Carol B face 23

14/08/2017 12:03:06

Sorry I missed you Claire. Had a lovely visit to FOQ and met up with a number of forum friends, although those who could not go were sorely missed. Some friends were together longer than others but it was so good to catch up albeit briefly. I saw Jayne & Suzanne, Mandy & Sheila, Irene & John, Chris IOM, Steriochild, Sue, and of course Katy who made a huge effort to get there.. I was also lucky enough to meet up with Jan Mc and NN. Hope I haven't missed anyone out.

It was also a pleasure to meet Emma & Julie at the PP stand and put faces to names.

I know that Rosemary has already posted lots of pics of the quilts but over the next few days I will post some of my favourite ones too.

Carol Bface 23

10/08/2017 09:38:02

Have PM'd you Jayne

09/08/2017 11:50:06

Jayne & Letia,

Hope to see you there.

Jayne, I have the right number for you this year so we have a chance of communicating blushwink 2

Carol B face 23

06/08/2017 10:09:17

Sylvia,

have a great time at Saint Marie, will look forward to hearing all about it.

Carol Bface 23

06/08/2017 10:07:47

Everyone going to FOQ have a great time.

Will be thinking about all you early visitors on Thursday. I will be there Friday, Saturday & Sunday and hopefully will get to meet up with a few folk. Anyone who may want to arrange a meet-up and doesn't have my mob no (it is the same as last year) please PM me.

Emma, will definitely call in on the PP stand , will be nice to put a face to the name..

Carol B face 23

06/08/2017 10:01:14

Brenda,

Hope you are enjoying your holiday. It was lovely to see your pictures and hear about your art quilting group, glad to hear you are continuing to make your beautiful bags.

Sylvia,

Just hoping for a weather change and you get some cooler air. Thoughts are with everyone suffering from the heat and hope that no one is near any of the forest fires.

Margaret S,

I could never find PP in the shops around me, you had to subscribe or place a special order for it. Suddenly it has started appearing on the supermarket selves - perhaps this will now increase sales and help keep the magazine going.

Carol B face 23

Edited By Carol B on 06/08/2017 10:08:24

Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
06/08/2017 09:52:29

Mandy, have PM'd you.

Claire, lovely bright blocks, look forward to seeing your beautiful rainbow quilt when finished.

Carol B face 23

17/07/2017 13:47:47

Hi everyone,

I know that some of you know of Ricky Tims through his books and his fantastic Rhapsody Quilts, and many others, like myself, know him through TheQuiltShow. On Saturday I was talking to some of the other quilters who attended the Ricky Tims talks and was surprised to find that they did not know of the QuiltShow. Ricky mentioned it during his talks and invited people to look at it and possibly join. Following a chat with Ricky I promised to spread the word among my quilting friends –

so as I consider all the forum members my friends here goes,

For any of you who do not know, Ricky Tims and Alex Anderson did a TV show some years ago in the USA called TheQuiltShow, then they decided to run the show online only. Here is the link

www.thequiltshow.com

People can take out a FREE membership which gives them access to a Daily Blog with lots of interesting quilting items and the occasional free viewing of shows and classes.

A paid membership gives access to all the shows that have been produced – they run at 1 a month, plus classes, and lots more. Many well known quilters have featured on the shows and each has passed on some of their knowledge on each visit.

Even if you are not interested in joining the show, the website is well worth a look.

Hope this information is of interest to at least a few of you, as I feel it is always good to hear of new sources of quilt info and the possible roads it can lead us down.

Thimble face 23x

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
Sewing Quarter
Janome
Crafting Live
Sarik
SewAndSo
C&T publishing
Search Press
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues