By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Carol B

Here is a list of all the postings Carol B has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Show and Tell
22/12/2017 19:15:51

Eileen & Margaret,

you have both been so busy - lovely to see the great things you have been making.

Steph

What a great Cathedral windows quilt. The batiks work so well.

Carol face 23

Thread: Chat
20/12/2017 11:59:08

Hi Liz,

It is great to see you on the forum again and to know that you are ok. It sounds like you are being kept very busy but we all do miss you.

Have a Great Christmas and New Year, I wish you and all your family well in 2018

Carol face 23x

16/11/2017 08:49:02

Jayne & Margaret roseroseroserose

wishing you both well.

Jayne, never thought about fungal infections and ivy, will be warned. Take care & I hope you are home soon.

Margaret, I have sent you an email, good luck at the hospital

Carol B face 23x

12/11/2017 19:26:02

Jayne,

Sorry to hear you are in the hospital. I hope they can sort things out quickly for you and let you back home soon

take care roseroserose

Carol B heartx

Rosemary, thanks for letting us know.

08/11/2017 15:59:16

Rosemary,

Just seen your sweet Dresden plate clock in the mag. Well done on getting it published.

Carol B face 23

Thread: September challenge
07/11/2017 16:46:28

Congratulations Glenda, such cute owls and so practical too.

Sheila, I have to confess that I love your picture - it made me quite home-sick for the small- holding we used to have.

Carol B face 23

07/11/2017 16:43:50

Wow Brenda, the bowl is great, worth all the effort to get such a lovely accurate effect.

Eileen, love the baby quilt too

Carol B face 23

03/11/2017 16:39:24

Just like Autumn, you wait for a while then suddenly all the beautiful coloured leaves fall from the trees. So on this thread suddenly the pages are filled with fabulous projects, I love them all.

Carol Bface 23

03/11/2017 16:36:19

Eileen,

Great place mats, very effective - your girls have good taste.

Glenda,

I do love your owls, and what a good use for those jeans.

Carol Bface 23

03/11/2017 14:02:00

Oh Margaret,

What a miserable time for you. How can people be so cruel and spiteful. I hate social media for this reason, people write things they would never say to someone's face, then once posted it cannot be taken back.

I think your response to this poor woman's death was kind and understanding, showing that you have a good and generous heart. The people, family or not, who said these vile things to you are not worth bothering with and shouldn't be listened to.

You are far above these people and I love and respect you for what you have done. Be proud, don't let them scare you and I am sure I speak for everyone on the forum when I say all of us love you.

Sending many hugs to you and DH

Carol B x

Thread: thermal lining for table mats?
29/10/2017 16:48:30

Hi Eileen,

I have used the insulbright. for placemats and it didn't seem to matter which way up it was. Really it depends whether you want a slightly soften feel at the top or bottom of your mat. Plus I would suggest trying stitching a small sample to see if your machine has any preference (if that makes sense).

Empress Mills site should be helpful and if you still have questions the people there are extremely helpful.

Carol B face 23

29/10/2017 16:41:50

This is my Autumn Fox, I have been struggling with the quilt thread which kept breaking despite everything I tried, never the less it is done. It is not bound as I haven't decided whether to keep it as is, or whether to make 3 other seasonal blocks to make up a 4 season panel.

autumn fox 1.jpg

Carol B face 23

22/10/2017 21:57:25

Hi Eileen,

Foundation paper piecing.

Hope you are continuing to improve.

Thread: Carol's Autumn Sunshine Table Centre
22/10/2017 20:02:43

Lovely to hear the Mugrug is still going strong laugh

22/10/2017 19:58:38

I have been playing with paper piecing and couldn't resist making up this block by Lynne Goldsworthy. Thanks to Margaret S for reminding me - I had put it in my album but it had not got any further.

autumn sunshine table centre.jpg

It will be my Autumn sunshine table centre.

Carol B face 23

Thread: Carol's Autumn Sunshine Table Centre
22/10/2017 19:54:54

Well spotted Margaret. I have to confess I stuck it in my album then forgot to post it in show & tell - age catching up do you think?

Thank you to you & Eileen for your comments. It is a paper pieced pattern called radiating sunlight. I wanted to do a practise block and the colours I picked really made me feel good. I do like the colours of autumn leaves - could just do without the autumn storms.

Carol Bface 23

Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
20/10/2017 14:57:19

Looking good Rosemary.

Glad it got there ok and that you like it.

Thread: Hi from a newbie!
20/10/2017 11:54:49

Welcome Helen,

sounds like you are picking up on quilting quickly, don't worry about all the technical side, it is amazing how you pick up information as you go, as long as you are enjoying it all. And Youtube tutorials are great for starting you off.

Carol B face 23

20/10/2017 11:50:43

Ouch Eileen,

Been there, done that, really feel for you. It is not the difficult 'shouldn't do' things that catch us out, but the simple little things like bending to pick up a pin!

As Margaret says - hope you are being looked after, hope you are too Margaret.

Hugs to you both, and get better quickly

Carol B face 23

Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
20/10/2017 11:46:55

Rosemary,

posted your block on Wednesday, hope it will be with you soon.

Carol B face 23

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
Crafting Live
Janome
The Cotton Patch
C&T publishing
bredons
Search Press
Sarik
SewAndSo
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues