By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Carol B

Here is a list of all the postings Carol B has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Postcard swap
07/09/2009 15:54:13
Hi Katy,
your postcard is in the post, sorry the quilting isn't very good -I attempted some simple free motion and I obviously still need a lot of practise.
Carol B
06/09/2009 16:51:23
What fabulous Hearts from everyone.
NN, love your first card, so glad it reached its destination safely.

Carol B

Thread: Festival of Quilts
04/09/2009 20:34:15
Hi Angela,
Many thanks for the lovely bookmark and your kind words, gave me a real lift. Be great if more of us can get together next year at the FOQ.
And thanks for the photo link, great to see some of the quilts I missed.

Carol B
25/08/2009 14:56:57
Hi Folks,
thanks to all  for kind messages and sympathy re my DH. He is recovering well at home, lots of pampering doing the trick, and the Drs think there is nothing seriously wrong , but need more tests to be certain. He keeps telling me how sorry he is to have messed up the FOQ trip and has promised that we will go again next year - he is saving already to treat me. I'll find the biggest money box around.
Anyway he is feeling a lot better so I am off to practise free-motion quilting and let my nerves settle down, ahhh just the thought of stitching drops the blood pressure.

Carol B

24/08/2009 14:10:18
Katy, it was great to meet you and Gillian, and to put faces to names.
I am sorry I didn't get to meet anyone else, the Festival went a bit pear-shaped for me. DH came with me on Thursday, just as we arrived at the NEC he collapsed and was taken to Solihull Hospital - what fantastic staff - and was kept in overnight. I had to return to Wales then go back to Solihull on the Friday. As he had to have more tests he insisted that I go to The FOQ and spend some money on myself - what a sweetie. So I did a whistle stop tour of the Quilts, loved your Rhapsody quilt Angela, visited with Katy and Gillian and got to see all the Journal quilts - well done everyone, and spent lots of pennies with Maria and Bob at the Craftsandquilts.net stand.
By then DH's tests were finished so it was back to the hospital and finally I was able to take him home to Wales. I now have him wrapped in cotton wool with instructions to take it easy and to stop scaring me. He has promised to take me back to next years FOQ and to buy me lots of goodies.
 Good to hear that everyone that went enjoyed the quilts.

Thanks Katy and Gillian for your kind words of support on the day
Carol B
Thread: LIKE THE PHOENIX
23/08/2009 13:23:45
Hi Janet,

so glad you found a machine you liked. I too have a Janome - it is fantastic. I thought I had broken it some time ago and rang the shop I had bought it from. I was almost in tears as I said I had broken my machine. The response - ' Don't worry, it's a Janome - you can't have broken it - bring it in'. True to his word he had it up and running in no time and it has been faithfully perfect since.

So enjoy your machine and I bet it will soon steal your

Carol B
12/08/2009 14:47:45
Hi Tessa,
think you must have sent all your rain down to me in Wales.

Looking on the bright side - as I cannot work outside perhaps I better do some sewing instead - back to the fabric and threads
byyyeee
Carol B
12/08/2009 13:42:46
Tessa,
thanks for placing a photo of your lovely card you sent me on the forum. Despite Katy's excellent instructions I have been unable to open a photo album yet - perhaps I should have spent more on my computer and less on my sewing machine - naw, couldn't do that could I.
Carol B
11/08/2009 16:12:45
Tessa
thank you for my deliciously mouthwatering card, it arrived safely this morning.

I have emailed photo to Mom Cath and am hoping she will kindly add the photo to the forum - sorry I don't know how to myself yet although I am working on it.

love your family Cath, the sort you could happily take to heart

Carol B
09/08/2009 13:27:46
Cath,
 glad the card arrived ok ,thanks for your kind comments.

Tessa,
shall look forward to your card with eager anticipation.

Fiona - great card.

Hi Jytte,
don't worry  you are definitely not dense. I worried for hours as to what to put on my first card. I usually just draw a line down the centre back , write the address on the righthand side with a sticky stamp on. Then a short message to recpient eg telling them what card is based on e.g. mine for 'hearts' was a nursery rhyme, add your name and date and run for the postbox.  I don't think there are any strict rules (correct me if I am wrong please Katy) the main thing is to have fun.
Hope this is of some help Jytte, and welcome to the Swap
 Carol B
07/08/2009 16:12:15
Cath,

Hi Mom, I have just popped your card in the post box so it should hopefully be shuffling its way to you.

Hi to everyone else in Group 12, looking forward to swapping with y'all.

Off out to enjoy the rare sunshine
Carol B

ps I have a large pond, do you think Mr Darcy may be interested in cooling off in in?

Thread: Festival of Quilts
30/07/2009 16:47:35
Hi Katy,

I too will visit you on Thursday - you will soon be fully occupied. Looking forward to chatting face to face,

Carol B
29/07/2009 10:15:29
As we are approaching the end of the present group swap I would like to thank Angela, Kerstin, Fiona and Sue for their fantastic cards - they are proudly displayed on my sewing room wall. It has been a pleasure swapping with you all.
And a special thanks to Angela for being a great swapmom (I am looking forward to seeing your Rhapsody quilt at FOQ).

I love your fairies Cath, wish I had some at the bottom of my garden: must check out my dragonfies in case they are fairies in disguise.

To anyone thinking of joining the next swap - do it now, you will have fun and end up with a lovely collection of cards - no previous experience necessary.

Keep up the stitching everyone
Carol B

21/07/2009 14:17:06
Angela,
thank you - your lovely Monet's Garden arrived safely this morning - good thing it had a rain jacket on as the postman was dripping over all my post, but your card brightened his day . The stitching is lovely and how clever to combine last months theme with this month's. Please put your photo of it up on the forum so everyone can enjoy it.

Carol
09/07/2009 08:26:52
Tessa,  I love the little face on the tree trunk (I hope it is a face and not my eyesight! )

Carol B

05/07/2009 19:47:54
Gosh Kerstin, another fantastic card and so fast too!
Angela - you have got me looking forward to your handmade card, sure it will be great. I am not sure what I am doing yet - have to put my card on hold (sorry Sue, but I will return to it as soon as poss), I have to make patio window curtains for DS and fiancee. Not my usual thing but it was so nice that they asked me. Just hope I don't get in a tangle with the ruffelette tape.....

Carol B

Edited By Carol B on 05/07/2009 19:48:43

01/07/2009 16:18:24
Angela, thanks for the email with the next theme, will have to get my thinking cap on to try to rise to the level of all the Art cards.

Loved your RM Rose Tessa

Carol
29/06/2009 20:00:05
Hi Y'All

What fantastic cards everyone has created this month, it will be fun to see how the next round develops.
 It's been a hectic couple of weeks making items for birthdays, anniversaries etc., why do they all occur at the same time?
I have just been to Cheshire for my Aunt's 80th birthday party and to deliver various gifts to other relatives. Whilst there DH surprised me with a trip to Southport and a visit to CraftsandQuilts. He thought I needed to restock my stash, what an angel.

Carol B
13/06/2009 09:00:24
Hi All,
Following my catching up with all of the postcard forum last week and adding my first comment you can see I have had to come back, is the forum addictive like sewing?

Anyway, thanks for the comments on my card, and, yes Kerstin, I handstitched the flowers and machined the outline. I was not sure about the wisdom of posting a white card uncovered through the mail system but it looks like it did not suffer too much.

I have too say though that Kerstin's card was a hard act to follow

Carol
03/06/2009 19:27:41
As the lucky recipient of Kerstin's card , I have to tell everyone it is even better in the 'flesh' than in the photo.  I almost had to drag it out of the postman's hands.
And thanks Fiona for the soothing waves, the envelope kept DH intrigued, for some reason he finds my post much more interesting than his own these days. I shall have to teach him to stitch too!

Carol
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Crafting Live
lewis and irene
Sewing Quarter
The Cotton Patch
Janome
bredons
C&T publishing
Search Press
SewAndSo
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues