By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Carol B

Here is a list of all the postings Carol B has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Show and Tell 2019
14/03/2019 19:35:02

Hi Jayne,

I know that you and your cousin will love this book - here is a Luna Lapin I made recently for my GD as she has been such a brave little girl.

luna lapin.jpg

Have fun

Thimble face 23x

14/03/2019 08:47:39

Jayne,

What a super quilt, love the colours, your cousin is going to feel so loved.

Certainly looks like you are keeping busy with your list of everything to make. Take care of yourself

Thimble face 23x

Thread: Chat
14/03/2019 08:45:23

Myra,

Good luck with your interview.

Brenda

Enjoy your Quilt Day - I now have a mental picture of you walking around with a sewing machine permanently attached surprise

Margaret, your 'return' is always important to us all, hope you are feeling improved, take care

Hugs to all who may need them

Thimble face 23

09/03/2019 19:40:31

Oh Rosemary, how frustrating for you. I suspect many of us have been in a similar position on rare occasions where we just did not have enough fabric. Thankfully I have been able to change the colour patterns without major unpicking but just trying to get your head around it all can be a complete nightmare.

I wish you luck and patience, I am sure you will get there in the end and your quilt will be brilliant. In the meantime I hope the fog in your world starts to clear quickly and settles back into beautiful patterns,

Carol face 23rose

Thread: Rainbow quilt
07/03/2019 14:45:51

Wow Eileen, so organised, but I bet it cuts down the time when you know exactly where the next piece you need is. Really looking forward to seeing the finished quilt, I am sure it will be brilliant.

Carolface 23

07/03/2019 14:42:33

Margaret,

I know the feeling about space, every time I use some fabric from my drawers it is immediately replaced with more from the bags I have on the spare bed. Goodness knows where I will put the bags when our GD next stays with us.

Shame about books - few people seem to want them these days - every thing on their Ipads/smart phones I guess. I still believe you can't beat the feel of curling up with a good book and being able to turn paper pages. Just an old fashioned girl!

Carol face 23

03/03/2019 20:03:41

Rosemary - look forward to seeing your project.

Margaret - well done, not only have you made some space but you got paid for doing so - win/win.

Carol face 23

27/02/2019 17:02:49

Sylvia,

I have just sent you a PM

Myra,

Good to see you back on the forum. Sounds like you are enjoying your sailing.

Thimble face 23

02/02/2019 14:55:15

Hi Maria,

sorry to hear about your ill health. Hope they get you sorted quickly and you are soon feeling better and back home

Carol B rosex

06/01/2019 09:42:56

A belated Happy New Year to everyone.

Carol B face 23x

Thread: Show and Tell 2018
06/01/2019 09:41:28

Hi All,

there have been lots of brilliant quilts, bags, runners etc on here throughout the year, and everyone has been really busy. I have been slow to get things done but thought that I would just add my last 2 finished projects for 2018.

frilled lizard.jpg

My first attempt at stained glass quilting using a pattern from Just Patchwork.

ems quilt.jpg

And a double bed quilt I started several years ago for my Aunt, who died whilst I was still piecing it. Finally finished it - it is quilted using trailing flowers and leaves, as she loved plants, and the colours were chosen for her cheery disposition which always made me smile.

Carol B face 23

27/12/2018 15:54:15

Rosemary,

so sorry to hear about Sheila. So sad for everyone who knew her. Will certainly be thinking of her family at this time. Hope you are doing ok.

Carol x

23/12/2018 19:37:23

Just posted on Christmas Greetings thread - but

Wish everyone a Very Happy Christmas and

A peaceful, happy , healthy 2019

Carol xx

ps. Well done on your quilt in P&Q Rosemary - very cute.

Thread: Christmas Challenge....make a Christmas stocking for charity.
23/12/2018 19:35:05

They are all great but my vote is

8, 6, 4

Carol x

Thread: Christmas Greetings
23/12/2018 19:31:48

I am afraid I have been missing for a while but you have all been in my thoughts.

Wishing everyone one the forum a VERY HAPPY CHRISTMAS and

a happy, healthy and peaceful 2019

Carol xxx

Thread: Foundation piecing can you help please
16/08/2018 09:27:10

Hi R,

Have you looked at Wash-Away Appilque sheets by C & T Publishing. Although they are mainly for Applique it does say on the packaging that you can use them for paper piecing - and they just wash away smiley

You can also put them through the printer if you want to.

Carol B face 23

Thread: Festival of Quilts 2018
28/07/2018 11:46:44

Hi all,

I will be in FOQ Fri, Sat, Sun if any of you are around.

Sue, hope your fingers mend quickly.

Jayne, will pm you to make sure I have correct number this year!

Carol B face 23

Thread: Show and Tell 2018
28/07/2018 11:42:27

Rosemary,

Love your baby quilt. Think my DH would actually like that one himself. Your Barn quilt sounds like it will keep you busy for quite a while, well done with your first block.

Carol B face 23

17/06/2018 07:11:11

roseroseroseHi Claire,

So sorry to hear about your family loss and problems. A really rough time for you. This year I have lost one cousin to cancer, closely followed by another cousin with advanced MND (due to a chest infection). Although they were not as close family wise as David's Dad and your stepdad, I can sympathise and understand some of what you are going through. It can be such an exhausting experience, please take care of yourself and try to get some time for you to 'switch off' from everything.

Hopefully knowing that we are thinking of you may help a little, and catching up with the forum will help in thinking about that great comforter - sewing!

Hugs, Carol B X

14/06/2018 13:47:56

Pam,

sorry to hear you need further treatment but wish you well. Such a problem having to travel whilst having it but main thing is for you to get well with a complete recovery.

Take care, hugs

Carol B rose

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of Popular Patchwork or Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find Popular Patchwork & Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Sewing Quarter
lewis and irene
The Cotton Patch
bredons
C&T publishing
SewAndSo
Search Press
Sarik
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues