By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for mandy

Here is a list of all the postings mandy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Friendship Swap Blocks 2012
25/06/2012 21:36:29

Oh dear didn't mean to scare anybodyblush

I have actually finished the 16 small squares and although I startred doing them on the machine it was much easier to sew them by hand and I will put them together on the machine in the morning.

25/06/2012 20:37:09
Posted by Claire Bear on 25/06/2012 17:42:56:

Excited already!!!

me too- I only hope nobody wants a corner to corner curve, which I am not really enjoying but need to finish for the class tomorrow crook

Mandy

Thread: How will you get to the F.O.Q??
24/06/2012 11:48:10

I was thinking about going to the FOQ at the NEC this year as I've never been- due to the long drive !!!! I was going to make a weekend of it and book accomodation but ......our first grandchild is due on the 26th August so I don't want to risk it, I'll just have to save myself for Harrogate at least I can decide last minute for the quilt show at the end of August but will certainly be at the knitting and stitching show in November. Maybe next year unless I'm babysitting laugh

Mandy

Thread: Mandy's french braid cover
23/06/2012 09:32:26

Thank you for your comments.I actually made this last year and I did finish it, I only had a photo of it unfinished.My mum asked for browns and I found these fabrics at my lqs in the oriental section although not fabrics I would normally go for I did love them and enjoyed making the whole thing,this was the 2nd one I made so was fairly straightforward.

I quilted in the ditch around each star and meandered in the larger panels.

It sits on the back of my mum's sofa with the cushions and she uses it as a lap quilt.

Sorry Jan it's already takensad

Mandy

Thread: Quilted block
21/06/2012 22:08:52

Claire your blocks are really lovely and well done with the FMQ it looks greatsmiley

Mandy

Thread: Hello from a newbie
20/06/2012 20:00:05

Thank you for the warm welcome,I am looking forward to the swap-excited and a bit nervous at the same time but I'm sure all will be well.I already drive around the village after our postie when I'm expecting a parcel so when it's my turn he'll be demented, well if only he would come through the gates when my 2 german shepherds are in the garden-some people have no sense of adventure smile p

Katy I will try and take some photo's of my ufo's and send you them soon.

19/06/2012 13:16:31

Hi, I have just joined and wanted to introduce myself.My name is Mandy I am mum to two handsome boys and soon to be gran to baby squirt (for some reason my hubby has christened it that) I have been doing patchwork and quilting for about 7 years now and last summer my friend and I thought we would share our skills and teach a group of ladies in our village how to make a sampler quilt.I am pleased to say all are very keen and are even talking about displaying their finished quilts in the local church. I do have a habit of making quilt tops and then putting them away and not finishing them so I am on a mission to actually finish two lap quilts and one king size quilt that have been in the wardrobe for far too long.

Mandy

Thread: Friendship Swap Blocks 2012
19/06/2012 12:55:32

I would love to join in if I can ,I have never done a swap before so will maybe need a little guidance in the right direction.

Mandy

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues