By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for mandy

Here is a list of all the postings mandy has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Show and Tell 2020
11/10/2020 15:27:42

recently made this lap quilt to showcase the new Liberty fabrics, one of my customers does longarm quilting and volunteered to do it for me, first time I've had this done and won't be the last.liberty quilt.jpg

Mandy x

Thread: Chat
23/09/2020 07:16:06

Hi Rosemary,

It's called The Little Quilt Shop, the website is www.quilting-fabric.co.uk

Mandy

22/09/2020 07:19:44

Well after my last post way back in March I struggled to get onto the site, nearly threw the phone out of the window on numerous occasions but this morning finally got back....hurray.

I finally opened the doors to the shop on the 15th June when Boris said I could and it's been all go since, facebook and the website keep me busy so all is good on that part, fingers crossed it continues.

I've been doing a beginners patchwork class for a few weeks and they keep coming back so must be enjoying it, the first workshop took place on Saturday, although number are limited in the classes it's really good, just means I'm having to work longer hours to fit everyone in.

Hope everyone is keeping well and safe in these rather strange times.

Mandy

17/03/2020 22:29:37

Hi Rosemary,

yes it is a bit of a trek for you as I'm up north near Durham but as I have a spare room you'd be more than welcome to stay , well when we are allowed indecision

Mandy

17/03/2020 19:49:21

Hi Ladies,

although I haven't commented on here for a while I still read the e-mails so hopefully not too much out of the loop.

Life has been a bit crazy for me over the last few years, it's almost 3 years since I left my husband and started my new life and oh how I'm enjoying it. I moved into a new house a week before Christmas, which was fun ! I'm just about to embark on my biggest adventure......I'm opening a patchwork and quilting shop, even though I'm not having the grand opening I was planning due to the coronavirus I'm still quite excited, it's all real now as parcel after parcel of fabrics keep arriving- todays delivery was 70 boltssurprise

Love to you all

Mandy

Thread: PP Birthday Club 2017
29/12/2017 15:18:00

Happy Birthday Rosemary, enjoy your daycake. I hope your squishie has arrived.xxx

Mandy

Edited By mandy on 29/12/2017 15:28:36

25/12/2017 16:20:25

Merry Christmas to you all.xxx

Mandy

21/11/2017 20:12:16

I'm going to opt out next year.xxx

Mandy

07/11/2017 08:12:50

Happy Birthday Beryl cake, your squishie is on it's way.xx

Mandy

29/10/2017 19:16:17

Thank You for the Birthday Wishes, I am having a lovely time in Suriname, the weather today is 31 ( has been between 30 and 33 while we have been here). My brother and his wife organised a BBQ yesterday and I had a cake, there were 3 young children here so we played pass the parcel -a new one for them but we all had fun.

birthday cake.jpg

For my birthday lunch I had a huge pancake with bananas, chocolate sauce and cream.........diet will start when I get home later this week.xxx

Mandy

16/10/2017 00:08:51

I have been given a batch of squishie tonight from junior so Thank you Marian, Sue,Beryl, Rosemary and a pink envelope without a name. I am going off to visit my brother in South America so won't be home until after my Birthday and have decided to leave my cards until I get back.smiley

Mandy

02/10/2017 17:57:03

Thanks Marian, I will let you know when it arrives.

2 squishie have arrived and I can't remember who sent them....sorry but I will find out.

I have been a bit fed up as I was due to move into my new home on Friday and the buyer for this one dropped out on Friday gone........but never mind I have now resigned myself to the fact that I'll just have to stay here a bit longer- so have unpacked and brought more of my things from the marital home.......He has finally realised I'm not going back.

Mandy

18/09/2017 21:38:50

Such sad news for Dany, Winnie would you pass on my condolences please.xxx

Mandy

Thread: Friendship Swap 2016/7
01/09/2017 09:08:08

Finally I have got caught up on the blocks, Simone's and Anita's are going in the post today.

Mandy

Thread: Just joined you
01/09/2017 09:05:03

Hi Eileen, welcome to the forum.

I haven't been posting as much lately as my life is in a bit of a pickle at the moment but hopefully soon everything will be sorted and I can get back to the task of making quilts.xxx

Mandy

Thread: FOQ 2017
09/08/2017 08:11:46

I will be there on Friday and Saturday and have volunteered to steward again, I really enjoyed it last year.

Mandy

29/07/2017 07:26:46

I am going to start with a huge apology for being so far behind with the blocks, Sheila's is done and will be posted soon but I am still behind on another 2, which I am hoping to do tomorrow.

The reason........I have left my husband and filed for a divorce, got a new job and moved into a property that we own which our son was living in, the property has been on the market for a couple of months but I thought I would decorate to freshen it up. I don't have all my stash and sewing goodies ( I have stored them somewhere else) so haven't really done much sewing......well not of the patchwork kind anyway....my new job is in a bridal shop so not only selling gowns but doing alterations, I worked there about 19 years ago so was quite familiar with the set up and am really enjoying it.We accepted an offer on the property this week so I feel the pressure is off a bit but I am now on the looked out for somewhere else to live, not sure where I want to be and can't decide if I should rent or buy- my mam has said I could move in with her until I decide so I'm not going to be homeless- oh an the soon to be ex has asked me to go back to him.......that is a definate NO.

Que sera sera.....

Mandy.xxx

29/07/2017 07:08:52

June, please accept my apologies for being very late in wishing you a Happy Birthday, I will have your squishie in the post on Monday.xxx

Mandy

15/06/2017 22:06:42

I actually cancelled my subscription a couple of months ago, I wasn't even opening the magazine and when I did it was a quick flick through so I decided time to call it a day.

Mandy

07/06/2017 09:40:01

Carole, finally your owl block is on it's way.xxx

Mandy

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues