By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tessa

Here is a list of all the postings Tessa has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Show and Tell
23/01/2017 16:56:01

Fiona, your quilts are beautiful....well done you... xx

Pam.. I just love that bag. Very effective with the quilting on the sides. xx

Tessa

Thread: Fidgets and Fiddles for dementia
21/01/2017 20:04:19

HI Jayne,

My Mothers Union group have been making Fidget Aprons for all the dementia patients here in Penrith. We have found that 5 - 7 items or activities on each apron seems to be enough, otherwise they get a bit overwhelmed.

We have offered the option of taking a photograph from a family member of the patient, scanning it, and printing it onto cotton and having it incorporated into their very own fidget apron. Makes it more personal that way. It could be a photo of their pet, their home or something that may bring back a special memory. The options are wide open.

Our aprons are about 18" square with zippers, buttons, ribbons and other things that will let them fidget safely, as long as the items are attached with care and strength. Then we add ties so that the apron sits on their lap and ties behind their waste so it doesn't fall off. Here's a couple of pictures of ones we have made.

We also put a fleece backing on them but make it an envelope style opening so they can put something of their own inside ...

Fidget Apron 2

Fidget Apron 1

Fidget Apron 3

Thread: Chat
20/01/2017 14:31:59

Wow, 5 yards eh? Hopefully it will go a long way for you. The Methodist chapel where my quilt group meets have a sister church in Argentina, and they are always doing and making things for the children...it's such a great feeling when you see the smiles of the little ones.

My church is the Anglican church here in Penrith and we are a busy church...I joined here in 2006 and went straight into the choir.... should have done it the other way around really.... meet the congregation first then join the choir, but hey ho...still met a lot of great people.

Good luck on your rag dolls...

Tessa

20/01/2017 13:53:19

Hi Diane, you are most certainly a good person....and you don't need to be religious to go to a church. Just over the times we have posted messages on these forum pages, I could always tell you were a person who would help others. No, you don't need to go to a church Sunday service to prove to anyone that you are a decent and kind person. I know there is a God out there, and he for sure, would consider you more than equal.

I think it's great what you are doing...and having the group meet at the church, you may get others who go to service involved at some point as well...news travels well in a close knit church or community.

Good luck with it all. Let me know how things go.

Tessa xx

20/01/2017 12:54:33

Hi Diane,

As my mum always said, 'when you move house, go to church, you'll not only find new friends, but you'll end up with such a huge loving extended family...' believe me...it works.

Tessa x

18/01/2017 16:22:40

Oh .... that is so cute Carol....xx

18/01/2017 14:12:11

HI Carol, have sent you a PM...

Tessa xx

18/01/2017 09:44:07

It's a beautiful quilt Pam...xx

Thread: Linus and other charity quilts
18/01/2017 09:42:32

Love the quilts Rosemary...x

16/01/2017 15:40:50

Just found it on Catch Up Rosemary...have recorded it and will watch later.

Tessa x

Thread: Bad news from Kimmers (Kim)
16/01/2017 14:52:01

Thanks Marian, that's fantastic news.

Tessa xx

11/01/2017 23:10:49

Okie dokey Marian... thank you. Xx

11/01/2017 21:13:13

Hi Marian, I know it might be too soon to tell, but will they need to do surgery? Xx

Tessa

11/01/2017 17:32:52

Marian,

As you've been in touch with Kimmers, can you keep us updated? I'm sure she'll continue to get in touch with you as it's so much easier to keep one person updated than many. Thanks muchly....

Tessa xx

02/01/2017 17:30:07

Just finished a small quilt for a new baby due in April...so have been doing a bit of sewing myself. It's so relaxing and just what I needed. Looking forward to seeing your double wedding ring quilt Margaret.

Tessa x

Thread: Quiltlet Challenge for 2017
30/12/2016 13:01:53

Sounds interesting Rosemary...will think on this ... have a Happy New Year.

Tessa cocktail

06/12/2016 22:41:20

Hi Melanie, if you go to Google and type in Etui Box pattern, there are several that show up. They look like fun.

Welcome to the PP forum pages.

Tessa

06/12/2016 10:29:41

Wonderful projects showing up here...love the cushion Pam and your Candle Wreath Carol is very pretty.

Tessa x

Thread: Merry Christmas
05/12/2016 17:49:44

Hello everyone,

With the move to the new house, there is now less time to send out Christmas cards and such this year.

Want to wish everyone a very Merry Christmas and a wonderful creative New Year.

Take care of yourselves and everyone you love.

Tessa xx gift

Thread: I'm from Ontario
29/11/2016 23:10:48

Hi Mary, I'm from Ontario as well living in north west England now. I'd like to know where you are exactly.

Tessa

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
ECT
Janome
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues