By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tessa

Here is a list of all the postings Tessa has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Have you read this book?
19/03/2008 18:13:00
Hi Katy.....I've recently read two books that I just couldn't stop laughing through.  They are both written by Lisa Boyer.  "That Dorky Homemade Look- Quilting Lessons from a Parallel Universe", and "Stash Envy - And other Quilting Confessions and Adventures".      I'd recommend them to anyone who needs a good laugh and some neat ideas and advice. 
Thread: Block of The Month Quilt
19/03/2008 18:08:00
Hi Babs.....Yes...at the moment I belong to a small quilting group here in Penrith called the Pennine Patchers....but my greatest achievement most recently is the fact that I was asked to start  working  part time at 'Just Sew', a really well known fabric shop here in Penrith.  Believe it or not, I actually go home with a paycheque.   I need to decrease my stash just a little before I start stocking up again.   At any given time we have about 1,000 bolts of quilting cottons....I tell people I go to work to 'fondle the fabrics'. 
17/03/2008 16:12:00
Etobicoe is a city just west of Toronto...in fact they almost classify it as part of the City of Toronto it's so close.  No, sorry Babs....the quilt group that I started was in the 'near' north of Ontario in the very small town of Carnarvon....about 1 1/2 hours drive north of Toronto.  Our quilting guild was formed in 1999 and we did quilting, church embroidery, and knitting.  We found all reasons to get together as our days were filled with laughter and friendship.  Miss them dearly.  What was the name of the Quilt Group in Etobicoe just for curiositys sake? 
16/03/2008 19:42:00
I'm going to send a copy of PP to the quilt group that I formed back in Southern Ontario, Canada.....I am hoping I can get all the group members to join in and do the Block of the Month while I do it here in Penrith, Cumbria.  My first block is done and looking forward to next month already,,,,,but in the meantime it's back to my quilts for Project Linus. 
Thread: Mountains of Fabric
12/03/2008 10:52:00
I'm very lucky to, once again, have my very own quilting room.  I have a set of 10 drawers, each 15" wide and 8" deep....and they are stacked on top of each other quite safely and securely.  Each drawer is labeled with a colour name....so all this keeps my fabrics in a place of their own and easily available.  The overflow.....which never goes away....is on the cutting table, sewing table and ironing board....so there are at least 3 projects on the go at any given time.  Housework.....NOT !
Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues