By continuing to use this site, you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more

Member postings for Tessa

Here is a list of all the postings Tessa has made in our forums. Click on a thread name to jump to the thread.

Thread: Chat
05/06/2017 15:39:41

Hi Margaret, have sent you an email....check it out...smiley

Tessa x

05/06/2017 13:33:03

Hi Margaret, have sent you a PM...

Tessa x

Thread: Problems with dyes
22/05/2017 10:31:40

I agree Margaret...there are Batiks and then there are 'batiks'....and such a difference in the quality. Hope you are well Margaret. I haven't been on the website for some time...so much to think about these days..the mind wanders.

Tessa xx

22/05/2017 10:29:19

Happy Anniversary Rosemary. xx

Tessa

Thread: Problems with dyes
22/05/2017 10:27:28

Morning Winnie, I too love Batiks. I have never had the need to pre-wash them either...BUT if I do feel there may be the chance of a colour running, especially reds and purples...I will pre-wash in water with a bit of salt in it, in the hopes that it will help to colour fast the dyes.

Otherwise, Batiks are my favourite and have now tried dying my own fabric scraps using Brusho Paint Crystals and Egyptian cotton in a jam jar. Now that's an experiment that you never know what you are going to get.

Tessa x

Thread: Show and Tell
12/04/2017 09:21:34

Hi Lexy, that is one beautiful quilt...a simple pattern with stunning results.

Tessa x

Thread: Quiltlet Challenge for 2017
10/04/2017 13:43:12

Got my magazine today...it's another great issue. Thanks for the heads up Rosemary. The pictures look great.

Tessa x

05/04/2017 22:48:51

Hi Fiona, I am so pleased to hear that you are home now. I've been praying for you ... so now you can rest in the comfort of your own home and get strong at your own pace. Take care my dear.

Tessa xx

Thread: FOQ 2017
21/03/2017 13:03:29

Hi Kim, just sent a PM to you. xx

02/03/2017 09:27:35

Morning Rosemary, just sent a PM to you.

Tessa x

Thread: Quiltlet Challenge for 2017
13/02/2017 20:28:55

Well done Margaret ..

Tessa x

Thread: Good luck Liz, Hello Emma
08/02/2017 10:10:05

Well said Brenda... a huge hello to Emma... thank you Liz for everything you've done ...

Tessa xx

06/02/2017 15:13:14

That's always the question isn't it Rosemary...how much to charge for things. You never really get paid for the time you put into a specific item.

Tessa x

06/02/2017 13:44:12

They are lovely Claire... Do you think a few of those would sell at my craft fair?

Tessa x

Thread: FOQ 2017
02/02/2017 13:17:52

Sorry Carol, not this year. With the possibilities of a second knee replacement can't really make plans. Next year for sure though.

Tessa x

02/02/2017 12:55:00

Very clever idea Sylvia. xx

Thread: Fidgets and Fiddles for dementia
24/01/2017 09:24:25

Jayne, yes, where you see a zipper, there is a pocket, and we have carefully sewn a ribbon inside and attached a large button or some safe object to the ribbon. When they open the zipper the object can be pulled out, fidgeted with and put back in when they feel like it. We've even had different small objects that are not harmful in any way given to us by the relatives of the patients and asked to be used in the creation of a fidget apron for their family member. These have been special buttons and even key rings with a certain icon attached to them. As long as the items can be safely attached, that's the main concern.

Winnie, my group have used furnishing fabrics with patterns for men and women. There's all sorts of ideas that can be incorporated in the fidget aprons...it's just a matter of them being safe and interesting.

Tessa xx

Thread: PP Slimming Group 2017
24/01/2017 09:05:16

Thanks for the encouragement Diane. I'm sure it's going to help.

Tessa x

23/01/2017 17:09:51

Diane, I've been to see the nurse about a health check. Everything seemed fine until she told me my BMI was too high... I KNOW THAT.... I went to see the doctor on Saturday about my knee...it's falling apart...needs a replacement sometime this year. She said it wouldn't happen until I loose weight. I KNOW THAT. I'm not telling anyone what my weight is, as I'm too embarrassed. BUT, I have been given some information about Fit-4-You which is a new program that doctors surgeries are recommending...so I'm going to look into that. Plus a friend of mine is helping to get my fat little ass to Slimming World.

So.... If I keep slapping myself across the back of the head, maybe this will be the year I do something about it all.

Any and all encouragement from my friends on here will be greatly appreciate. heart

Tessa xx

23/01/2017 16:56:01

Fiona, your quilts are beautiful....well done you... xx

Pam.. I just love that bag. Very effective with the quilting on the sides. xx

Tessa

Magazine Locator

Want the latest issue of British Patchwork & Quilting? Use our magazine locator links to find your nearest stockist!

Find British Patchwork & Quilting

Latest Forum Posts
Support Our Partners
Janome
The Cotton Patch
ECT
bredons
Contact us

Got a patchwork or quilting problem? Looking for a phone number or email address to ask someone for help? Click here to find the right person

Digital Back Issues

Popular Patchwork Digital Back Issues